Monday, November 21, 2011

something to be thankful for

Ever sit through the credits after a movie is over?

I always do - but I still don't know what a best boy is.


Sometimes at the end of movies like Pirates of the Caribbean #2 or #3 -
there may be a little scene to help you know what's going on.


In books the author lists - usually at the beginning - the names of all the
people that he owes for helping with the book.

When I read that I sometimes think:

wow - I don't even know that many people


Then yesterday I thought - Yes, I do.


and here is my tribute to all those who have helped me along in blogging -
sometimes whether I've liked it or not. :)


Isorski

truth 101/geeeez!

Joe Politico/Cube

ducky/XO

Legion:

Absolute Marxist
Speedy G
Thersites
-FJ
Joe Conservative

Malcontent

Elmers Brother

Ticker

Chuck

Lone Ranger

Rational Nation USA

John Myste

jadedj

nicrap

Joe Critter
The Griper
Shaw Kanawe

Silverfiddle

Bob

beamish

Dudley the Fat Liberal Beagle



and

imperinent - just kidding, imp


special thanks to the strong women on
Z's blog - who secretly scare me but
patiently mentor me:

Pris
Jan
Brooke
Rita
and many more


if I've missed anyone - let me know and i'll add your
name - or maybe you just haven't been commenting
on my blog enough :-)
~~~

In closing I'd like to share the lyrics to one of my favorite
Billy Joel songs - a bit over the top and mushy - but oh well.


don't go changing to try and please me
you never let me down before
don't imagine you're too familar
and i don't see you anymore
i woudn't leave you in times of trouble
we never could have come this far
i took the good times i'll take the bad times
i'll take you just the way you are

don't go trying some new fashion
don't change the color of your hair
you always have my unspoken passion
although i might not seem to care

i don't want clever conversation
i never want to work that hard
i just want someone that i can talk to
i want you just the way you are

i need to know that you will always be
the same old someone that i knew
what will it take till you believe in me
the way that i believe in you

i said i love you and that's forever
and this i promise from the heart
i could not love you any better
i love you just the way you are
~~~



Now let's get our country back.

No comments: