Sunday, November 13, 2011

about memorials

I like our National Memorials.

I have said before that I think the Vietnam Memorial Wall is very - effective.  Seeing those names
together like that is something that is not ever fogotten.

And of course there are other Memorials.
~~~

Two days ago I bought People Magazine for the first time for myself.  I have always bought it for
my daughters when they visit.  But this is one cover that spoke to me from the first second that I
saw it. I will not ever be able to open it up and read it because just seeing the cover picture is
hard enough.
~~~

And so I purpose that we make Representative Gibbons a living memorial.


To what you might ask.


As a reminder of  how guns can change peoples' lives when they are in the hands of the wrong
person.

I believe in the 2nd Ammendment.  I have no thought that we should not allow citizens to own
weapons - for whatever reason.
~~~

But really - we do need better gun control. 

responsible gun control


And I think it is insane for people to pack heat openly in bars.


Give me a break.  If that is not insanity - I don't what is.
~~~



And take my word for it  -  I have a pretty good idea what insanity is.  :-)

3 comments:

Speedy G said...

And I think it is insane for people to pack heat openly in bars.

When guns are outlawed, only criminals will have guns.

I think it's insane to allow people to conceal packed heat.

sue hanes said...

'when guns are outlawed, only criminals will have guns.'


Speedy - Guns are not going to be outlawed - EVER.
~~~


I know this really great blogger - Papa Frank - who adores his gun collection. I would never deprive him of that.

Another guy who was working in my house the other day - Dan - who told me he loves to hunt. I would never shoot an innocent animal - BUT THAT IS JUST MY OPINION.
~~~


What we need to do is keep guns out of the hands of insane shooters like the one who murdered 31 - or was it only 30 - at Va. Tech.

Remember that - Speedy?
~~~

I say let's put the folks who love their gun collections and enjoy shooting beautiful deer, etc. - they are overpopulating anyway - in charge of gun control.

That would work - don't ya think?
~~~

Just don't get a loaded handgun near me cause I might shoot:

~Michael Jackson's father for telling him on a daily basis that he had a big nose

~the mother who trusted R. Polanski with her daughter and he got exiled for it for being a 'man'
and most likely a Liberal :)seg

~Rush Limbaugh for saying something cruel and stupid about the young C. Clinton - although he did have E. John sing as his wedding

~and esp. the big egotistical jerk Bill O'Rielly for showing the President of the United States extreme disrespect right before the Super Bowl



and my husband - God bless him.
~~~


Not necessarily in that order.


:-)

Thersites said...

What we need to do is keep guns out of the hands of insane shooters like the one who murdered 31 - or was it only 30 - at Va. Tech.

...or put guns INTO the hands of the un-armed 30/31.