Thursday, November 24, 2011

putting up an artificial christmas tree

Ever try to put the branches on a fake Christmas tree?


I know that the people who make them used to sell real trees
and have fixed it so it is really hard to force the thick wire parts
into the appropriate places. 

It's payback really.


but after having tried WD 40 and harsh words this year I have the solution.


Put Elton John's Christmas Party CD on and the tree practically puts itself  together.


Then after you hold your breath and wind the lights around the tree you are ready
to mellow out and hang ornaments to the wonderful Christmas sounds of  Old Gravel
Voice:   the Inimitable Prophet Himself  - Bob Dylan.


At this point you kick back - hang the ornaments and listen to Bob tell it like it really
is -







and then you'll know what Christmas is all about

2 comments:

cube said...

I lost my desire to put up a Christmas tree when my girls became young women. It feels pointless now.

BTW I watched Super 8 last night and I will give you my opinion when T-day is over and I have some time to myself. Right now, I'm rushing to get everything done before my family arrives. It's stress, but it's a good stress.

sue hanes said...

Cube - 'it's a good stress'


These days I try to make all 'stress' good.


'cause if there is bad stress involved then I want nothing to do with it.
~~~

cube - I can't wait to hear what you think about Super 8.