Sunday, November 27, 2011

i heart nicolas cage

although i sometimes confuse his movies with kevin costner's movies.


Some of my favorite Kevin Costner movies:


~dances with wolves - this is great but the part where the wolf who likes
him is being used for target practice rips my heart out

~dragonfly - i will never forget the ending when i was too stupid to guess
that in the tent it would be his baby but rather i was afraid of what it would be

~bull durham - when he takes his arm and knocks everything off the table
and well.... you know - and sometimes when my kitchen counter is very
cluttered i think of that  and want to clear it off with my arm until i
remember that i am alone in the kitchen so what's the use :) seg

~waterworld - why did he leave her in the end and would he come back

~the untouchables - it was really when they got sean connery that broke
my heart and i love cry wolf with charles martin smith plus i think the main
reason i like deep impact was the short scene with him in it at the first

~a perfect world

~JFK - one of my faves - especially kevin bacon when they visited him
in prison and as they leave he taunts Jim Garrison:  'you're a fine looking
man mr. garrison - when I get out of here i'm going to look you up...' does
it really get any better than kevin bacon?

~Field of  Dreams - a fine contribution to all Lovers of the Arts and
really makes you feel like Donating Money to that Cause
~~~

some nicolas cage movies


~knowing         

~city of angels - why did he get what he wanted only to have it taken away right
after he got it

~ghost rider - 2007

~national treasures - both are just that but the first is best

~true lies - wait a minute - that was arnold ~ i loved that movie with jamie lee
curtis but i kept thinking:  will it never end but ya gotta love tom arnold when
he said in fallen someone's pl*y*ng w*th m* **** *nd *t ***'t m * -sorry
about that but i think that line is brilliant

~face/off  - one of the best but it nearly drove me insane thinking about the switched faces

~peggy sue got married - a classic

~leaving las vegas - the first time i couldn't get past the first five minutes but i'd
like to try again since he won best actor



and it's gotta count for something that his uncle is Francis Ford Coppola

11 comments:

Thersites said...

I hate to say this, but there is only one reason, IMO, that Nicholas Cage is an actor at all... and that is because his uncle's success got him at seat at Hollywood's table.

Other than that, a facially less "expressive" successful actor has never been known.

Sorry, but in every scene, the man always looks like he's in pain. He has one look... pained.

sue hanes said...

Yes - Dear Thersites - I quite agree with you.


But Nicholas Cage has worked his way into my movie-based heart with his pained look - therefore I cannot discount him.

Speedy G said...

As a "type cast" actor, he's passable. As an all around actor, he'll never match Paul Newman. ;)

sue hanes said...

Speedyy - Paul Newman was never a great actor - just good lookning.


Kinda like Brad Pitt.

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Sorry, but he'll always be "Cool Hand Luke" or "Butch Cassidy" to me.

Sundance Kid... he was the "looker".

sue hanes said...

-FJ - To me they were (are) both Lookers.


But do you know what I always will remember about Paul Newman?

I read once that when asked why he didn't cheat on Joanne Woodward - his wife of many years - his answer was:


Why go out for hamburger when you can have steak at home.



what a guy

sue hanes said...

-FJ - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.


It doesn't get much better than that.

I'd like to mention my favorite scene from it but I can't because they are ALL good.

Speedy G said...

Yes, it certainly was a good film, in its'day.

sue hanes said...

Speedy - I'd go so far as to say that BC & the SDK is even good in this day.

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Think? I probably wouldn't change the channel unless Bill O'Reilly was on. ;)

sue hanes said...

-FJ - Maybe Bill O'Reilly isn't realy bad person - but he really turns me off.