Tuesday, November 22, 2011

a huge meltdown

Last night I was so tired and so faced with the overwhelming odds of not
being able to accomplish what I must today - that I simply had a little girl
meltdown.

This morning I wondered how I could get through today.


and thrity minutes later I'm still wondering that.


So my post today will be - for those who choose not to read my blog - a look
inside the mind of a mad blogger housewife.

This is what my priorities are:

1.  Clean two bathrooms

2.  Continue to put the branches on the artificial Christmas tree by the piano

3,   Trim the 'skinny' Christmas tree in my bedroom (why the ***l do they say 'trim'
when it really means decorate)

4.   Generally vacuum everywhere.

5.   Generally dust everywhere.

6.   Find room in the kitchen cupboards for stuff like the baking pans that I haven't put away yet.


There - that ought to keep me busy for a while.


Updates to this post will keep all of you from falling off the edge of your computer chair wondering:

~did she accomplish her goals
~is today the day that stidh will completely lose it
~is there really a person as stupid and crazy as she is

you will only know the answers to these questions if you check my blog throughout the
day - and only the SCU knows how this day will end:

~either with stidh still looking over into the abyss....

~or with stidh lying on the bottom of the abyss looking up and flipping off
collective humanity.




wait a minute - there is no bottom to the abyss

8 comments:

cube said...

You are not alone. I go through the housekeeping blahs myself. I find it to be an utterly despicable exercise in futility that, unfortunately, has to be done over and over again without end and without fanfare.

Mr. Cube used the help with the housework, but when I quit working outside the house to raise our girls, it became more my responsibility. That's when I coined the 100-to-1 rule. He can fill the dishwasher once and it makes him golden for months. If I fail to fill it once in a hundred days, I'm dropping the ball.

It's all about who makes the money.

sue hanes said...

Cube - It has got to be your Scientific mind that makes you so brilliant.

We have th 100-1 rule here too.


It really never ends for us - does
it.

cube said...

It will never end until WE end it.

BTW you are too kind when talking about my scientific mind. I just have a life long interest in science and a degree in biology, hardly a brilliant achievement.

sue hanes said...

Cube - 'it will never end until WE
end it'


I'm working on that - for all of us



girls rule :)

cube said...

I'm doing my share on my side as well and through my daughters.

cube said...

BTW as far as vacuuming everywhere... my Doberban isn't bad with shedding, but I also have a 104 lb. German Shepherd who sheds a lot. You can vacuum and 5 minutes later find more hair. It's a losing battle.

sue hanes said...

Cube - I have found that to make this change it is bettter to take it a little at a time.
~~~

We had a dog until about four or five years ago - but the shedding was not so bad. Now there is the possiblity of having another one.

To tell you the truth - for me getting a dog is not totally about it peeing on my rugs :) but that
I might have to part company with it someday and having it take a sizeable chunk of my heart when it goes.

I'm sure you can relate to that.

sue hanes said...

We live in a different time now.

By the time your daughters marry you may be surprised to find that their husbands see things around the house as 50/50 - more or less.

This is how it is for my daughters.