Wednesday, November 23, 2011

the clock is ticking

Someone casually mentioned yesterday that it had been 48 years since President
John F. Kennedy was assassinated. 

And my first reaction was to find a handgun and blow my brains out.

Now I have promised not to say I was going to kill someone anymore
but I never mentioned myself.

This is not about remembering those Dark Days after President Kennedy's
Asssassination.  That certainly was a hard time for everyone - including me.
And I totally feel that someone had to go to jail for it - although he wasn't there
very long now - was he.


and of course there were Others.
~~~

What this post is about is that when I heard the person say that it have been 48
years - I immediately thought:

what the h*ll have i been doing for those past 48 years - not much in my opinion


And that leads me to what this post is really about - promises.


Now my The New Century Dictionary first published in 1947 by D. Appleton-
Century in New York and London says this about promises:

~a declaration made, as to another perosn, with respect to the future

~giving assurance that one will do or not do, or will give, something, or
that something, or that something shall or shall not be done;

~an express assurance on which expectation is to be based;

and it goes on and on...
~~~

Now what I'm wondering is that if said Promise(s) are to be in this
life or the Next.




or if the promises were made with the promiser holding his hand behind
his back with fingers crossed.



jus'  wondering

2 comments:

Z said...

I refuse to believe it's been 48 years. I REFUSE! :-)

And you're right...it feels like I've done nothing. But, when I think about it that's not true.
You've raised children! That's huge!

Thanks for listing my blog and my 'patient lady mentors' on your post a few down. I appreciate that and like that you consider those women in that manner.

happy cooking!

sue hanes said...

Z - You are welcome.

No Charge.
~~~

It's funny about age - I don't mind being sixty-six but when I hear that something that I remember very well happenend 48 years ago then it blows my mind - and that's when I start seeing that the years are passing by.


I have a saying that works for me:


'It is a sad thing to die without ever having lived.'