Wednesday, November 9, 2011

the last leaf no more

Today was a very windy day so it was inevitable that the last leaf would
blow loose from the branch.

And it did not take me with it when it left.

But the funny thing is that I got caught up in the whole thing about O Henry's
story and for a moment last night I actually hesitated to close my eyes to go to
sleep - for fear I would not wake up today.

Strange?   Seemingly so.

But not for anyone who knows me because that's how I am.

Not really completely out of my mind - yet always on the edge. :)
~~~

So life goes on now without the last leaf  - which is either still blowing
around here in Southern Indiana - or is lying somewhere on the ground.


As for me - the last leaf has left me to finish up this bigger than life job
of settling in - until at last the last leaf of my life blows off of the branch.



pretty good huh?