Sunday, November 20, 2011

henri's here

At the other place there was a squirrel we called Henri (pronounced on-ree with
the accent on ree.)

This morning I looked out the window and there he was - checking out things on the patio.


Everyone's read about dogs who make their way home after having been 'mistakenly'
left behind on a vacation.  Sometimes they travel 500 or more miles to get home.


I should have left directions for Henri in case he wanted to come.  It's really very
simple:

I-74 to Indy

37 south to Bloomington

Take the College St. exit

all the way to Third street

Pass College Mall on Third

Right on Smith

Left on Bennington (careful of the dangerous rise in the road)

Left - and the first driveway on Romans Court


ours is the unpretentious house with grey siding


See - those directions are simple enough for a squirrel to follow.
~~~

I didn't know Henri was coming.



but i am sure glad he is here
~~~


Henri - this one's for you


if you miss the train i'm on
you will know that i am gone
you can hear the whistle blow a hundred miles
lord i'm one lord i'm two lord i'm three lord i'm four
i'm 500 miles away from home

not a shirt on my back
not a penny to my name
lord i can't go back this a'way
this a'way this a'way this a'way this a'way
lord i can't go back this a'way

well i'm walking these ties
with tears in my eyes
trying to read a letter from my home
from my home from my home from my home from my home
trying to read a letter from my home

if this train's running right
i'll be home by saturday night
i'm 500 miles away from home

away from home away from home away from home away from home



i'm 500 hundred miles away from home



thanks glen

2 comments:

The Absolute Marxist said...

Henri is everywhere.... a pestilence, all those bushy tailed rats!

sue hanes said...

Abso - It's amazing how long Henri has lived.

We were at the other place for 25 years and Henri always hung around our patio.

Sometimes he would bring his twin brother - and even his cousins.


I grew to appreciate squirrels - and to think I used to see them as 'twitchy.'