Tuesday, November 15, 2011

another woman of note

Right off I want to say that I've been checking my counter and I
know that with the exception of Thersites I am the only one who
has been reading my blog.

Now I will say this:  if anyone does stop by - do not attempt to
read this post because I guarantee you that it is going to be long
and I will be the only that will know what it means - and even that
is questionable.


with that said...
~~~

Martin Gray

and I am copying this almost verbatim from the back of my book

The author of Blues for Bird
of British Columbia
an epic biographical poem
about Charlie Parker
jazz great
an internationally acclaimed work
~~~

but that is not what this post is about

not completely
~~~

It is about a woman who knew

Lee Krasner knew

that Jackson Pollock was destined
to be a great artist

and she knew that she was the one
who would love him
and who would push him
and endure

and she did

giving up her own career as an artist
until after his death
at which time she resumed her own career
~~~

about Knowing

Not all that long ago Larry King interviewed
Johnny Depp on a special.
~~~

Now anyone who knows me has at one time
believed that I was  - as a middle-aged housewife
and mother - in love with Johnny Depp.

but this is simply not true

I have a great deal of respect for Johnny Depp - for several reasons

~he has perhaps the most beautiful face on the face of
the earth that he is willing to set aside and cover up
while he achieves what he is best at - which is to give  us
Edward Scissorhands, Willy Wonka and the Mad Hatter
to name a few

~from what I read he is a family man

~he is loyal to his fans

~and I have read interviews given by him in which
he connects with me by words of wisdom

and it is this last point which I want to address - about knowing
~~~

In the interview with Larry King the subject of the West Memphis
Three was addressed and Johnny - I really don't think he would
mind if I call him Johnny - said he just knew that they were innocent.

He always - just knew.


Just like Lee Krasner - just knew - that she should love and support
Jackson Pollock.

Now here's where I think -

how the h*ll could Johnny Depp 'know' that these three  men
were innocent when to me the only ones who could really know
that were the West Memphis Three and the three boys that were
brutally murdered
~~~

Now this is not about that - but rather - knowing.

I am not doubting that Johnny Depp knows that the West Memphis
Three are innocent.

I'm saying that sometimes a person can just think that they 'know'
something.
~~~

And anyone who has read my blog previously just knows that I
heavily indentify with Jackson Pollock.

but that's not what this is all about
~~~

This is about Lee Krasner and Abigail Adams - who were both destined
to Love and Support a Man who they just 'knew' was Destined To Be Great.

So - in my opinion - these women who made it possible for Two Men to
Achieve Greatness must also be Recognized for their Willingness to Stand
Behind the Two Great Men.

In other words - it took two Great Women Who Knew.

And this is a Tribute to Women who have Stood Behind
Men Who Have Acheived Greatness.
~~~

And while I am Going On -

I would like to take this opportunity to inform Thersites - who is
a Faithful Reader and Commenter on my blog - that:


tomorrow i begin my quest to learn the Rach 3
~~~

I mean - I already know it - I just have to learn to play it.  :)

And - Ther - don't you think I should have some goals in mind
while I do this - so I will be pressured  - under which we all tend
to achieve best.

I figure I can really get down to business in January when I hole up
in my house anyway due to snow and ice - and in April I can be ready to
study with Someone who used to be connected with the School of
Music - in a Big Way.

they don't call me suetheimpossibledreamhanes for nothing.


Ther - I would appreciate your imput on this.
~~~

In closing I would like to say:


the long and winding road - that leads to your door
will never disappear - i've seen that road before
it always leads me here - leads me to your door

many times i've been alone - and many times i've cried


anyway you'll never know the many ways i've tried
but still they lead me back to the long and winding road


you left me standing here
a long long time ago
don't keep me waiting here
lead me to your door

don't keep me waiting here
lead me to your door


the wild and windy night
that the rain washed away
has left a pool of tears
crying for the day


don't leave me waiting here - don't keep me waiting



let me know the way

thanks paul
~~~

why

Charlie

 not penny's boat


why did Charlie have to die



why does someone always have to die -


so that we can find our way

9 comments:

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

I don't suppose you are familiar with the art of the rhapsode, do you? If not, I recommend Plato's "Ion" for your reading pleasure. For there is a knowledge poetic, "magnetic" and Divine, and a knowledge of "cause". These are two very different sorts of "knowledge". Is your knowledge of the Rach 3 of the former, or latter, variety?

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

from the Jowett summary of Plato's "Apology"

He (Socrates) then goes on to explain the reason why he is in such an evil name. That had arisen out of a peculiar mission which he had taken upon himself. The enthusiastic Chaerephon (probably in anticipation of the answer which he received) had gone to Delphi and asked the oracle if there was any man wiser than Socrates; and the answer was, that there was no man wiser. What could be the meaning of this—that he who knew nothing, and knew that he knew nothing, should be declared by the oracle to be the wisest of men? Reflecting upon the answer, he determined to refute it by finding 'a wiser;' and first he went to the politicians, and then to the poets, and then to the craftsmen, but always with the same result—he found that they knew nothing, or hardly anything more than himself; and that the little advantage which in some cases they possessed was more than counter-balanced by their conceit of knowledge. He knew nothing, and knew that he knew nothing: they knew little or nothing, and imagined that they knew all things. Thus he had passed his life as a sort of missionary in detecting the pretended wisdom of mankind; and this occupation had quite absorbed him and taken him away both from public and private affairs. Young men of the richer sort had made a pastime of the same pursuit, 'which was not unamusing.' And hence bitter enmities had arisen; the professors of knowledge had revenged themselves by calling him a villainous corrupter of youth, and by repeating the commonplaces about atheism and materialism and sophistry, which are the stock-accusations against all philosophers when there is nothing else to be said of them.

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Of course, if you are anything like your average rope dancer, regardless of which type of knowledge you may claim to possess, you will inevitably attempt to "surpass" yourself. And so it is to those who risk this great down-going that I offer the following tribute:

Nietzsche "Zarathustra"

When Zarathustra had thus spoken, one of the people called out:
"We have now heard enough of the rope-dancer; it is time now for us to. see him!" And all the people laughed at Zarathustra. But the rope-dancer, who thought the words applied to him, began his
performance.

Zarathustra, however, looked at the people and wondered. Then he spake thus:
Man is a rope stretched between the animal and the Superman- a rope over an abyss.
A dangerous crossing, a dangerous wayfaring, a dangerous looking-back, a dangerous trembling and halting.
What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not a goal: what is lovable in man is that he is an over-going and a down-going.
I love those that know not how to live except as down-goers, for they are the over-goers.
I love the great despisers, because they are the great adorers, and arrows of longing for the other shore.
I love those who do not first seek a reason beyond the stars for
going down and being sacrifices, but sacrifice themselves to the
earth, that the earth of the Superman may hereafter arrive.
I love him who liveth in order to know, and seeketh to know in order that the Superman may hereafter live. Thus seeketh he his own
down-going.
I love him who laboureth and inventeth, that he may build the house for the Superman, and prepare for him earth, animal, and plant: for thus seeketh he his own down-going.
I love him who loveth his virtue: for virtue is the will to down-going, and an arrow of longing.
I love him who reserveth no share of spirit for himself, but wanteth to be wholly the spirit of his virtue: thus walketh he as spirit over the bridge.
I love him who maketh his virtue his inclination and destiny: thus, for the sake of his virtue, he is willing to live on, or live no more.

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

(cont)

Then, however, something happened which made every mouth mute and every eye fixed. In the meantime, of course, the rope-dancer had commenced his performance: he had come out at a little door, and was going along the rope which was stretched between two towers, so that it hung above the market-place and the people. When he was just midway across, the little door opened once more, and a gaudily-dressed fellow like a buffoon sprang out, and went rapidly after the first one. "Go on, halt-foot," cried his frightful voice, "go on, lazy-bones, interloper, sallow-face!- lest I tickle thee with my heel! What dost thou here between the towers? In the tower is the place for thee, thou shouldst be locked up; to one better than thyself thou blockest the way!"- And with every word he came nearer and nearer the first one. When, however, he was but a step behind, there happened the frightful thing which made every mouth mute and every eye fixed- he uttered a yell like a devil, and jumped over the other who was in his way. The latter, however, when he thus saw his rival triumph, lost at the same time his head and his footing on the rope; he threw his pole away, and shot downward faster than it, like an eddy of arms and legs, into the depth. The market-place and the people were like the sea when the storm cometh on: they all flew apart and in disorder, especially where the body was about to fall.

Zarathustra, however, remained standing, and just beside him fell the body, badly injured and disfigured, but not yet dead. After a while consciousness returned to the shattered man, and he saw Zarathustra kneeling beside him. "What art thou doing there?" said he at last, "I knew long ago that the devil would trip me up. Now he draggeth me to hell: wilt thou prevent him?"

"On mine honour, my friend," answered Zarathustra, "there is nothing of all that whereof thou speakest: there is no devil and no hell. Thy soul will be dead even sooner than thy body; fear, therefore, nothing any more!"

The man looked up distrustfully. "If thou speakest the truth," said he, "I lose nothing when I lose my life. I am not much more than an animal which hath been taught to dance by blows and scanty fare."

"Not at all," said Zarathustra, "thou hast made danger thy calling; therein there is nothing contemptible. Now thou perishest by thy calling: therefore will I bury thee with mine own hands."

sue hanes said...

-FJ - Thank you for that.


The first comment I got and plan to copy and keep it.

So far the second I have not gotten and may not ever.


but again - thanks.


I needed that.

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

To simplify. Gabby's musical/poetic knowledge is leading her "logical" knowledge of "cause" back to a familiarity with "language". Isn't it wonderful how that works? She surpasses herself.

sue hanes said...

Whatever.

I'm sure Gabby is better for this new life - because really - accepting what we are given is healthier than resisting and then giving up in the end.


The shooter carried out his assignment then?

Speedy G said...

...but then of course, mine is a neurophilosophical epistemology. ;)

Speedy G said...

The shooter carried out his assignment then?

I'm not an historical determninist. The Fates don't control everything. If they did, no one should ever be held responsible for their actions or punished, as they could have done nothing else but what they did.

The killer had a choice. As such, he deserves whatever punishment that he may receive. Even if he is eventually considered to have been mentally "insane", he knew right from wrong.