Saturday, November 19, 2011

driven

I'm quite sure that I will not watch this movie - although I'm pretty
sure that it is a Sylvester Stallone movie about race cars. :)]

I've chosen the title of this movie for this post because I believe that
some people know - sort of - what their destiny in life is early on.

I read that the late former President Lyndon Johnson - while lying under
the big Texas sky with his friends as a boy - said that someday he would
be President of the United States.

Becasue he just knew.


That is not true of me.

For I believe that I will never know my true destiny until I close my
eyes for the final time. 

pretty good huh?


How do I know that?


Some things you just know.
~~~

And I also just know that tonight I will sit through three hours of opera
with a backache and with my mind wondering why the h*ll I paid $47
for the ticket to see La Boheme when I could be home getting my house
in order.


But I also just know that when the four of them sing together then I will
just know why I am there.


for opera - like country music and abstract painting - comes from the soul


And tonight when the four of them sing together they will reach into the depths
of my very being - and then I will just know.

No comments: