Monday, November 28, 2011

i can't believe i've dumped Bach for Beethoven

I never thought it would happen.

My love for and faith in J.S. Bach runs so deep that I had
planned to spend my Sunset Years reading though his
Preludes and Fugues.


But lately - since yesterday - I stumbled onto the Sonata
right before the Moonlight one and now I'm hooked.


Oh sure - I'll never play it in Carnegie Hall like I was gonna
play the Rach 3 - : )  - but this Sonata is so cool and I'm
gonna pound the c*ap out of my Baldwin so that I'll have
to get a Steinway after I sell a few of my Paintings.  You
should see the one I have hanging in the hallway across
from the laundry room just outside the kitchen.

It is big but not overly big.  Completely gold with a small
oasis right in the center.  I'm telling you it is really good.
Worth big bucks.  Just waiting to be discovered by some
rich person who is devoted to the Arts.  And the frame is
really great too.  The other night as I walked by it it fell
off of the wall and scared the c*rap out of me. The frame
chipped a little but I filled it in with dark brown sharpie and
now it just looks a little antiqued.




hanging it up now




but I'll always go back to Bach in the end...



which the way I'm working on my house may come sooner than later...

7 comments:

Thersites said...

Sounds like you are aiming to become polymath. Art and music. And home maintenance & repair. A veritable Lernaean Hydra.... cut off one head, and two grow back. ;)

sue hanes said...

'a veritable Lernaean hydra'


I'll tell you what I am - Thersites
- I am your worst nightmare.


a friggin' Medusa - complete with all the wriggling snakes coming at you from every direction.



good day!

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

I'll make sure to only view your reflection. ;)

sue hanes said...

-FJ - Did you ever see the Percy Jackson movie - that's what made me think of that when Uma Thurman played Medusa.

Speedy G said...

Nope, never did. I just saw "Immortals" last weekend, though. No Medusa's or hydra's in that one.

sue hanes said...

'Immortals'


speedy - what the f are you talking about

The Absolute Marxist said...

Movies. What are you talking about?