Sunday, November 27, 2011

on obsessing

After I wrote about Obsessing about the Christmas Tree I started thinking
about the other things I obsess about:


~even though I haven't even left the room after unplugging the
iron I check it again and then I stand there and stare at the empty
socket and force myself to think - the iron is unplugged

~even just going outside

~a wonderful new obsession since we have moved here is recycling

~despondency

~safety issues - among them the correct wattage of light bulbs and also
playground equipment

~art

~who got/should have gotten best actor

~the meaning of life

~the possibility of something happening to my Bobblehead Bach



but the one thing that makes me realize in my demented little mind
that without a fact that I am uncertifiably nuts is:


after i blow out a match and run water on it - the match must lie in
the kitchen sink - where there is no possibility of spontaneous
combustion - overnight - and in the morning i must FORCE myself
to throw it in the wastebasket - and FORCE myself to walk away -
all the time knowing that the house will

most certainly


burn   to    the     ground
.



and that folks - is what stidh deals with on a daily basis








pretty good huh

9 comments:

Thersites said...

Very Monkish (as in the tv series) Were you disappointed as a child? Lose someone/something?

You don't have to answer. I just like to pretend to practice Freudian psychoanalysis.

sue hanes said...

No Thersites - I want to answer.

:)

'cause I like to pretend to practice being a patient of Freudian psychoanalysis - g*d knows I've had enough of that.
~~~

'were you disppointed as a child'


No. Just now as an adult.



'lose someone/something'



Not really. How can you lose something you don't have and may never have.
~~~

But once - dear Thersites - I did
lose my mind - but I have it back now. And I promise you I will never lose it again.

sue hanes said...

'very Monkish - as in the tv series'


And which tv series would that be -
Thersites

Speedy G said...

Monk was a character played by Tony Shalhoub in the TV series entitled "Monk". He, too, was obsessive-compulsive. It helped him to solve crime mysteries.

Sounds like we've both lost and regained our minds, stidh.

sue hanes said...

Speedy - Would you like to tell me about it - I have all the time in
World.


And by the way - Speedy - if you were to invent a time machine and escapte permanently to the future -
which two books would you take with you?

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

HG Wells "The Time Machine" and his "When the Sleeper Wakes". After all, somebody has to subvert the Morlocks.

sue hanes said...

-FJ - Morlocks were just zombies - really.

And Tuesday Weld - she was the quinessential beautiful blonde woman. I hardly recognized her in that Michael Douglas movie where he gets violent because he was fired. Robert Duvall was good in that.


Life is cruel to women - about aging I mean.

The Absolute Marxist said...

Maybe they should work on beautifying their insides, instead of their outsides, then. ;)

sue hanes said...

Abso - 'maybe they should work on their insides..."


My sentiments exactly. I used to be quite a 'looker' but when I saw that Mother Nature would have her way with me I turned to my inner intelligence and am trying to make up for the lost years on my vanity.