Friday, November 11, 2011

a long day

It's been a long day - honoring the Veterans.


Forgetting to check out 11~11~11~11~11.  And I won't be
around for the next one. :-)
~~

It's been a while since I've posted one of my really intelligent  poems -
so here's one for all you stuffy newspaper readers -

from one who wishes you would support the arts with your millions.


meant to be sung to the tune of neil young's harvest :)
~~~

i've been a few places in this old world
places i'm glad i've seen
but now i'm home and that's where i'll stay
cause the years are gettin' lean

i've been to where the islands lay
and there i'll not return
cause flying in scares me you know
a runway with water on all sides - makes my stomach churn :)

on a mountain high no thanks  -not me
but i'm glad on the north sea i stayed
the eagle's nest i remember it well
and where wolfgang's piano truman played

a quickie trip to the city of light
meant so much to me
and all the wonderful sights in between
yep that's all i need to see

but folks i'll tell you one place i went
it's emblazoned on my mind
you see i saw The Wall while it was up
a wall that was not so kind

and that is why i don't understand
here in the land of the brave and free
why there is going up right here
a wall around you and me


i really don't care what the reasons are
that new wall is there
there's gotta be a way to get around that wall
and all i have to say  - is


tear down that wall



please

No comments: