Sunday, November 27, 2011

on letting go

For a while now I've been obsessing over something that I can
see just isn't realistic.


In other words - it ain't gonna happen.


But after a really bad cry - I'm ok with it.



I'm going to let it go.


But I don't mind because instead of studying piano I'm going to
look for an art studio and paint.


What did you say?  'We've heard that one before - stidh.'


But it's different now.  Because tonight - when I was standing in front
of the door that had been slammed in my face - my daughter called and
told me that a friend of hers was over yesterday and had been studying
some of the paintings that I gave her family.

And her friend said, 'Does she ever sell her paintings? Because that's the
kind that I would like to buy.'


And there it is - dear friends and commenters - the proverbial open
window.
~~~

I've always fantasized about selling my paintings - but now I know
that's what I'm going to do.

Sure - there are some paintings that I'll never sell.

But when I make up my mind - there's no stopping me.

It's called:

Determination.

Focus.

Dreaming.



even the impossible dream



Why I think I feel some Song Lyrics coming on -


but not tonight



tonight i'll just say -





thank you Israel Kamakawiwo'ole







that's almost as hard to say as zach galifianakis




:-)

6 comments:

JoeBama "Truth 101" Kelly said...

Post a painting on here and see what happens. If nothing else we get to see what I think will be some good paintings.

sue hanes said...

Wow thanks Joe.


I don't know how to do that - but I'll work on it.



they don't call me suetheimpossibledreamhanes for
nothing.

The Griper said...

i agree with joe, sue. if that be your dream, follow it. dreams are never impossible either. fulfilling them requires patience and perseverance plus a love of what you want to do.

i'll be looking forward to seeing what you can do.

sue hanes said...

You guys are choking me up here Griper. I'm not used to having people on my side.


Today I'm going to see about setting up a website and posting pictures of my Art.


I have a lot of paintings just waiting to be sold. And I have a feeling there's more where they came from. :)


Thanks so much for your encouragment - and caring.


I won't soon forget that.

Speedy G said...

Do do me one favour though. Promise me that you won't create art just for the purpose of selling it.

I only ask, because my father had the crazy idea that in order to sell his art, he couldn't afford to invest more than about 8 hours in every painting he painted (because he thought they would only sell for $2-300 a piece).

Instead, create a great painting over the course of 20-30 days and then issue 2-300 limited edition COPIES of it.

At least that way, you end up with some halfway decent art.

Just sayin'.

sue hanes said...

Speedy - I'm gonna have my son-in-law help me get a website.


Then I'm gonna put pictures of my art on it.


Then I'm gonna take commissions to paint and charge the h*ll out of people to buy them.



right after i learn the terrific new Beethoven Sonata I'm working on.



and get my house in order. :)