Friday, November 25, 2011

i think it's gonna be all right

Tonight as I was doing the dishes - well I am a housewife - my 12 year old
granddaugher 'paused' the Harry Potter movie she was watching and for
no apparent reason said to me:


'Grandma - people of different political parties should learn that they
can like each other and get along even if they have different ideas.'


After I recovered from the shock of these words my first thought was:


thank you jesus


because haven't I been saying that for the past year on my blog?



and if a 12 year old girl and get the concept of  'Civility' then there
just might be hope for our Country.

5 comments:

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Civility works with the civil. But for the uncivil, I counsel a different treat.

You should read Freud's "Civilization and its' Discontents". The discontents don't usually subscribe to the concept of "civility".

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Do you think its alright?

sue hanes said...

-FJ - It's going to have to be alright.


Because Civility is all we have left now.


Even the uncivil have to be made to see that.

Speedy G said...

That's why we have the USMC.

sue hanes said...

I have trouble thinking about Marines with out seeing the picture of the aftermath of Beirut.