Friday, November 11, 2011

hero

Today is Veterans Day - when the thought of heroism is invoked.


Serving in the Military is perhaps the highest form of heroism - when there is the
possibility of giving one's life.

Some people give of themselves by serving others through their talents, time and
even wealth - and these people are often recognized publicly - such as by the
President at the Kennedy Center.

And there are heroes that have always been heroes in their private lives but when
the opportunity arises - they step forward.  Such as the Subway Hero and Captain
Sullenberger.
~~~

Then there's us.


'there's a hero if you look inside your heart'


We may have differences but we are all on the same team - Americans.


'you don't have to be afraid of what you are'


Things are bad in our country right now...


'and then a hero came along with the strength to carry on'


That hero is you and me...


It may be bad for a while - longer than we want it to be...


'and you can cast your fears aside 'cause you know you can survive'


Think of the troops - if they could do it through the years - so can we...


'Look inside you and be strong and you'll finally see the truth...


that a hero lies in you.'
~~~


thanks Veterans.


and thanks to Mariah Carey

6 comments:

Les Carpenter said...

i tip my hat to you Sue! Well said...

sue hanes said...

Rational - Thanks for checking my blog and making such a welcomed comment.


I just read the About Me part of your profile - again - and to you I would say:

I believe that you are succeeding in what you have set out to do.

I also believe that blogging will be instrumental in setting this nation back on the right course.


Thanks to bloggers like you, me and Joe(truth).

And of course there are others.


The important thing is that we never give up


If we do we are Lost.


Right, XO? :)

JoeBama "Truth 101" Kelly said...

I like RN. Don't tell TAO.

My dad is a 27 year navy Vet. Spent a year in Korea attached to a Marine outfit as it's corpsman. he saw plenty of action and was awarded the Purple Heart for injuries sustained in battle.

He never talks about the time in combat. I only have three regrets. One of them was not at least doing stint serving in the military.

sue hanes said...

Truth - As far as RN goes - my feeling is what's not to like.
~~~

truth - I hate it when people say - that they have three regrets and only tell you one.

It's like a teaser - I'll always wonder what the other two were. :-)
~~~

But seriously, Joe, I have nothing but respect for the Military - especially the all voluntary Army.
I support the Troops.

It's the idea that because we have a strong Military we have to be the world's babysitter.

What about our own country?

I have some good ideas for how we can use our Troops after we bring
them ALL home.


Problem is - who's interested in the ideas of a 66 year old housewife.

:) seg


thanks for coming by truth

JoeBama "Truth 101" Kelly said...

I didn't finish college and closed my business without giving it a full effort. I kick myself every day for those two things.

sue hanes said...

Joe - I've been around for awhile - right?

I'm 66 so that's undeniable.

I've seen things happen that I've kept in my mind not knowing why.

Later - it comes to me why things are like they are.


And I truly believe that things happen for a reason.

You need to stop kicking yourself over those two things and look at where you are now. Maybe you wouldn't be doing this blog - getting the word out to key people like you are.

I know other people that have been through times that have seemed like the end.

I call them 'rising out of the ashes.'

But you are better for it and need to know that where you are now is where you are meant - supposed - to be.


Stop living in the past and wake up to what you can do now.


Somehow - inside - I know that it is where we are 'at the end' that counts and it all comes together then.


I just know.


It is what gives this life meaning.

Some call it 'Faith.'

But call it what you want - there is meaning to this life.

It's about enduring and not giving up.


Maybe it's about Believing.