Thursday, December 22, 2011

perhaps i was a bit hasty

I thought I knew about and could play many of your wonderful
dreamy nocturnes - and I am best at the slow expressive stuff.

But last night - Chopin - I happened upon your Nocturne - Op. 27
no. 1 in C# minor and - well - it is so beautiful and amazing.

My family is here for Christmas so I won't be able to get back to
it  - probably until they leave - but this is what I'd like to explore:


~the timing

~the notes themselves

~the way you go from 4 #'s to 4 flats and back again but then it is
major in the end

~the dynamics


I could go on and on but you know what - this is like playing Lost on the
piano.


Chopin - I'm sorry that I suggested that you were a little less than a Master because you only composed for the piano.


If you will forgive me I promise not to kill this wonderful nocturne of yours.








and chopin  i have a great picture of you when you were despondent  with your head on the table
while you were composing one of your etudes i just wish i knew which one it was
                                                            

No comments: