Saturday, December 17, 2011

the democrats

This post is about a book I bought at Key West a few years ago.

Now when I am in my Tourist Mode I am always hot to buy something.

or as my mother always said:  is that money burning a hole in your pocket?


So on the last day there  - I saw my last chance to buy something at this really
cool museum - I think it might have been connected with Harry Truman - who
spent vacations at Key West when he was President.

I remember looking and looking and trying to find something to buy.

And this is what I came up with.

The Democrats - From Jefferson to Clinton
(updated with a forward by Jimmy Carter)

by Robert Allen Rutland

A couple of times I got it out and opened it up:   hard

In the center of the book are some good political cartoons and
in the front a nice picture of Thomas Jefferson.

Contents:

The Eight Chapters are entitled:

The Jeffersonian Genesis
An Era of Feelings - Good and Bad
The Jacksonian Revival
Democracy or Slavocracy?
Waving the Bloody Shirt
Cleveland:  Honest and Lucky
New Freedom, New Deal, and New Problems
The Care of Human Life and Happiness


I'm thinking this could bring about some good Discussion.


Who wants to start?

No comments: