Thursday, December 22, 2011

another visit to the book store

This afternoon my 12 year old g-daughter said to me,

'Wanna go to Barnes & Noble?'

I said, 'Sure."

When we were on our way I said, 'First do ya wanna stop at
a real bookstore (see my post on the bookstore) - my favorite one?'

'Sure,'  she said.

As we walked in I told her I would introduce her to couple of
old friends - that I met on my previous visit there.

First we met up with Oscar - a black 23 year old cat.

Then Cheech - a friendly chihuahua.

And there were a couple of  Others.

After she petted the bookstore pets I paid for a little paperback
called Don't Quit Your Day Job.

Now the reason I bought this particular book is that it caught my eye
since one of my commenters said to me recently - Don't Quit Your Day Job.
And it looked like it might have some easy stuff in it to read.

As we started to leave something else caught my eye:

A stand containing books that are on the New York Bestseller's List -
so I checked it out.

Now the guy who has been at the checkout for both of my other visits
there didn't seem to remember me
but I said to him -

'I know of a book that was on the NYTBSL a couple of weeks ago.

He said, 'Oh yeah, what's that.'

I said, 'Bill Maher's New New Rules.  It's really good.'

He waved his hand and gestured to somewhere else and said:

'Oh I have it somewhere over there.'

As he got up to show me I said:

'Never mind.  I have a copy already.'

He sat back down and I was proud of myself for not making a scene
like I did the day it came out at Barnes and Noble - and they had trouble
even finding it - and about how it was pricey.

I checked it out to make sure he wasn't just saying that.


Then we went on to B & N where I got myself a couple of Stocking
Stuffers and a Josh Grobin Christmas cd for under the tree.

All in all - a fun little shopping trip.






When we got back home and I walked into the kitchen I noted that no one had cleaned up the
mess from the Cookie Decorating brouhaha so I'm going to work on that now.





after all this is my house and i am a housewife

4 comments:

Speedy G said...

So... I shouldn't quit my day job?

sue hanes said...

hey speedy - wassup?


and speedy -




have yourself a merry little christmas

Speedy G said...

Been busy...

You you have a Merry Christmas, too!

sue hanes said...

Thanks Speedy - I'm having a wonderful Christmas.

I can't believe that tomorrow is Christmas Eve already.


Time flies when you are having fun.

: )