Saturday, December 31, 2011

a little night music

~music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim


I actually saw this musical on Broadway.


the defining moment for me was:


Weekend In The Country



talk about your 7 minutes in Heaven



and this



isn't it rich
are we a pair
me here at last on the ground and you in mid-air

send in the clowns


Isn't it bliss?

Don't you approve?

One who keeps tearing around

One who can't move


Where are the Clowns?

Send in the Clowns.


Just When I'd Stopped Opening Doors
Finally Knowing The One That I Wanted Was Yours
Making My Entrance With Usual Flair
Sure Of My Lines

no  one   is    there


Don't you love a Farce?
My fault I fear
I thought you'd want what I want

sorry my dear


But Where Are The Clowns?
Quick Send In The Clowns.

don't bother they're here.


isn't it rich?
isn't it queer?
losing my timimg this late in my career

And Where Are The Clowns?
There Ought To Be Clowns.



well maybe next year





:o)

No comments: