Saturday, December 24, 2011

it's christmas eve day - time to talk about....

you know dasher and dancer and prancer and vixen
comet and cupid and donder and blixen


but do you recall....


The Most Famous Reindeer of All?


Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

Had a Very Shiny Nose

And if You Ever Saw Him

You would Even Say it Glows


All of the Other Reindeer

Used to Laugh and Call Him Names

They Never Let Poor Rudolph

Join in Any Reindeer Games


sounds like bullying to me folks
rudolph couldn't help it if his nose was like that when he was born - now could he


Then One Foggy Christmas Eve

Santa Came To Say:


Rudolph With Your Nose So Bright

Won't You Guide My Sleigh Tonight


Then all the reindeer loved him

as they shouted out with glee:


RUDOLPH  THE  REDNOSED  REINDEER


YOU'LL   GO    DOWN     IN       H I S T O R Y!




ok now that's more like it




:o)

10 comments:

The Griper said...

Merry Christmas Sue.

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Happy Christmas!

sue hanes said...

Griper - Thanks.

And I hope you had a really great Christmas too.


Please consider commenting more often on my blog - you are always welcome here.

I hope you will have some imput on MPTSOC - which I will be posting starting Wednesday - after 'they' leave.

: )

and - if you are into art - I will be writing about American Artists soon too.

sue hanes said...

-FJ - Thanks!


And Merry Christmas to you too.



by the way -FJ - have you selected the painting that you want to buy?

:)

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

As much as I love art, Sue, I'm afraid a "buyer" is something I'll never be.

Some things just can't have a meaningful price tag put on them.

I should know. My Dad used to run a gallery.

sue hanes said...

-FJ - And I may very well not be a 'seller.'

But if your dad ran a gallery - then you were exposed to art.
And that is what I'm interested in.

May I ask - -FJ - what kind of art did he have in his gallery and what kind of art do you like?

Thersites said...

He sold a variety of art, from his own paintings - modern, to those of other artists he knew. That included stained glass, batiques, bronzes, etc.

As for the kind of art I like, I favor the impressionists, baroque, and the surrealists. I tend to dislike social realism and prefer mythological and fantastic themes. I particularly dislike the rather facile modern abstracts that don't systemically allow for interpretation.

sue hanes said...

Thanks Thersites.


Say Ther - would you consider contributing from time to time on my art blog?


You know, when I write about certain artists you could give some imput - maybe in English.


and please Ther - try to remember that it is after all my art blog and try not to sound too much smarter than me.


thanks ther. : )

Thersites said...

I couldn't possibly be any smarter than you as I am entirely self-taught on the subject. So if others perceive a difference, let them understand that if there is one, it is likely merely one of personal "aesthetics".

sue hanes said...

Ther - Do me a favor will ya:


Haul your 'aesthetic' ole *ss
over to my ART BLOG and make some intelligent comments or check out my NEW BLOG - Sue's Classical Piano Seminar and see what you think about that.

You represent the intelligence of Legion. The deep stuff.