Friday, December 16, 2011

the elephant in the room

Tropic Thunder.

This movie is offensive to two mainstream groups in our Country.

~our troops

~the mentally challenged


and there is a good deal of  sleazy 'trash talk' in it



But let me tell you folks that if you just skip to the part where a small
group of actors are dropped into the jungle in Vietnam - thinking they
are going to be filming a war movie....well if you do that you are in
for a treat - of seeing genius comedy.  And another thing you can do
is keep the subtitles off until you get to the best parts.


Some of which are:

~Ben Stiller - who not only wrote Tropic Thunder along with Justin
Theroux and Ethan Cohen - also directed this movie and stars in it.

~Robert Downey Jr. as Kirk Lazarus - When I can bring myself to
take my eyes off of Ben Stiller because he is so great in Tropic
Thunder I cannot bring myself to take my eyes off of Robert Downey
Jr. as the blonde Australian actor playing a Black troop.

~the Black guy - Just kidding because Brandon T. Jackson is great as
Alpa Chino and a closet Gay.

~Jack Black - I really do like Jack Black.  : )

~other actors that are good are Jay Baruchel as Kevin Sandusky and
young Brandon Soo Hoo as Tran.

~honorable mention goes to Tobey Maguire for appearing in the
clip at the beginning with RDJR - sure to bring a smile to your
face I know it did mine


But that's not all Folks - for in Tropic Thunder lies a real treat
supplied by one of my favorite actors:  Tom Cruise.

Tom Cruise appears as Les Grossman but it's not just that
hilarious role that does it for me but rather Tom Cruise's
dancing in the end - which brings back fond memories
of an early moive of his in which he does a similar
sort of thing.


The defining scene for me is:


the You People exchange between Robert Downey Jr. and
Brandon T. Jackson






: ]

No comments: