Tuesday, December 20, 2011

on gettin' jiggy

The best part of  the wedding is the reception.

People work so hard to get a wedding just right and then
after the toasts and speeches they get rid of all the wedding
planning stress by dancing.

And this is the really fun part that I like about weddings.

This seals the deal.

This tells whose wedding is the best - by how good the
dancing is at the reception.

the fast dancing


like in Steel Magnolias.
~~~

Now I have never liked fast dancing.

Never.

I've never been good at it and now I'm too old.

But I LOVE to watch other people dancing fast and having fun.

for me fun is doing stuff - and then watching other people dance fast - see


And I tried to find some song lyrics to express how I feel about that feeling.

This is all I could come up with.

These song lyrics are not about Christmas  - and they are pretty high on the richter
scale as far as being mushy and over the top.

but this is a really cool song


and I'm pretty sure that I could dance to this song - even as a gray headed old lady


it's late at night and we're all alone
with just the music on the radio
no one's coming no one's gonna telephone
just me and you and the lights down low

and   we're

Slow dancing, Swaying to the Music
Slow dancing - just me and my Girl (?)
Slow dancing, Swaying to the Music
No one else in the Whole Wide World

just you  girl (?)


and we just flow together when the lights are low
shadows dancing all across the wall
the music's playing so soft and slow
the rest of the world so far away and small

when    we're


Slow dancing, Swaying to the Music
Slow dancing, just me and my Girl (?)
Slow dancing, swaying to the Music
No one else in the Whole Wide World


hold me oh hold me
don't ever let me go

As We Dance Together in the Dark
There's So Much Love in This Heart of Mine
You Whisper to Me
You're the One I Thought I'd Never Find and Now We're


Slow Dancing, Swaying to the Music
Slow dancing, Just Me and My Girl (?)
Slow Dancing, Swaying to the Music

No One Else in the Whole Wide World



slow dancing swaying to the music
slow dancing just me and my girl (?)
slow dancing swaying to the music

no one else

in


the


whole



wide




world

No comments: