Wednesday, December 14, 2011

the book store

When we first moved here I found a bookstore I really liked.

On the Square across from the Courthouse.

not like B & N - but a Real bookstore

I didn't have time to buy anything but I went in anyway and told the guy sitting at the desk:

'I'll be back.'


Today I went back and asked the guy if I could look around.

'Sure,'  he said.

But I didn't have to look far because right away my eyes fell on his name:

Hunter S. Thompson.

Now I'm really not into Hunter S. Thompson - but  I read parts of  GONZO
written by Jann S. Wenner & Corey Seymour.

I told the guy that I had liked Gonzo but that was written about Hunter S. Thompson
and I wanted to read something by him.

He went right over and picked out the novel The Rum Diary - telling me that it was
one of his early works before he really became Hunter S. Thompson - you know
what I mean.

I told him that I'd try to get through it - I'm not what you call a prolific reader - and
then I would be back for one of Hunter S. Thompson's later works.
~~~






i'm gonna put him on my Tortured Souls list - not #1 though - because Jackson
Pollock has that spot forever ~ but Hunter S. Thompson will be #3...







right below vincent van gogh

No comments: