Tuesday, December 13, 2011

christmas shopping

I did a little Christmas shopping tonight - mostly for Stocking Stuffers.

I did ok - I mean I didn't cry or get into a fist fight after I circled Target
twice completely and still couldn't find what I wanted.

I mean - What kind of a store had fake snow last year but not this year -
according the guy from Electronics.

I tried very hard - and succcessfully - not to grab really cool Creative
Stuff as I hurried past the Christmas decoration section.

But by the time I reached checkout my nerves were shot - and that's
when I saw it:

RISE  OF  THE  PLANET  OF  THE  APES

Without hesitating I grabbed it - paid the price for the stuff I had bought -
and walked out of the store - taking a deep breath for the first time all day.
~~~

But that's not what this post is about.

It's about my natural bent for stirring things up.

And a few months ago after I had gone to the theater twice by myself to
see the above really great movie - I was sitting at the kitchen table while
my two g-kids finished their lunch.

With the movie on my mind - and my daughter nowhere in sight - I raised
my fist high in the air and repeatedly shouted  Caesar!  Caesar!  Caesar!
- like the crazed housewife wannabe joan of arc feminist that I really am.


Now I expected to see the five year old g-son join in - and he did - but it
was my 2 1/2 year old g-daughter that almost brought tears to my eyes.

For not really knowing why  - she sat in her booster seat with her little fist
raised in triumph  - and defiance - and shouted with me.
.

I'll tell ya folks  - I have seven g-kids - and with that comes some pretty
good stuff .

But this was one for the ages.
~~~

special thanks tonight goes to Harry Connick, Jr. for helping me clean up
the kitchen


and really special thanks to the lady in line behind me at the checkout for
- and she didn't have to - reminding the clerk not to forget to give me the
other bag - and the clerk said she would have forgotten if the lady hadn't
called it to her attention

No comments: