Wednesday, December 14, 2011

a beloved christmas poem

Here's  STIDH's  take  on  The  Night  Before  Christmas


'Twas ten days before Christmas and all through the house
not a Creature was stirring - not even a Mouse.

I'm thinking that I'd better get into gear
cause just before I know it 'they' will be here.

So I lined up the stockings and felt like a jerk
well shopping for that stuff is so much like work

And here is the bottom line - dear friends and readers - not
these folks are ungrateful - I mean the whole lot.

They'll smile and seem nice - all the while exchanging glances
but really they're thinking - every year Mom takes chances

That we will go for this Stuff that she buys
one look and well  - makes me want to cry.

Yes folks - even the young ones don't like the toys
and the six year old says - grandma next time - something more appropriate for a boy!

Well let me tell ya - I've had it up to here
and someone else can play Santa next year.


Wait - I'm just kindding I wait twelve months for all this...
cause I'm in my Glory - knee deep in Christmas bl*ss.

No comments: