Saturday, December 17, 2011

a poem called a christmas carol

Christina Rossetti is very special to me.


And especially this - with or without the music.



in the bleak mid-winter

frosty wind made moan

Earth stood hard as iron

water like a stone


snow had fallen snow on snow

in the bleak mid-winter


Long ago.


our God Heaven cannot hold Him

nor  Earth sustain

Heaven and Earth shall flee away

when He comes to Reign


In the Bleak Mid-Winter

A Stable-Place sufficed

The Lord God Almighty


Jesus   Christ


Enough for Him whom cherubim

Worship night and day

A breastful of milk

And a Mangerful of Hay


Enough for Him whom angels

Fall Down Before

The Ox and Ass and Camel


Which   Adore



Angels and Archangels

May  Have  Gathered  There

Cherubim  and  Seraphim

Thronged  the  Air


But   Only   His   Mother

In  Her  Maiden   Bliss

Worshipped   the   Beloved

With   a   Kiss



What   Can   I    Give    Him

Poor   As   I    Am?

If   I   Were   A   Shepherd

I    Would   Bring   A   Lamb


If   I   Were   A   Wise   Lamb

I   Would   Do   My    Part -


Yet   What   I   Can   I   Give   Him



Give   My    Heart

No comments: