Wednesday, December 14, 2011

obsessing over the christmas stockings

At our house it's not about the Gifts.

It's about the Christmas Stockings.

Last year - with the move and all - I told my family that I was eliminating
Christmas Stockings.

Well  that got the same reaction that Chevy Chase's boss got in National
Lampoon 's Christmas Vacation when he gave his employees the Jelly
of the Month Club instead of Christmas bonuses.

My elder daughter called me up the next day and spoke up:

'Mom,'  she said bravely.  'You can't do this to us.  We look forward so
much to getting our stockings with all the Good Stuff in them.  I know you
can find time to shop and find the stuff to put in them...'  and she went on
and on.  

And so I did Stockings last year.


Tonight I lined all the Stocking Stufffers on the kitchen counter and made this
elaborate stupid chart to ensure that all eleven people got what they deserved.
Only two of the kids came up short.  Otherwise it looks pretty good.

'JESUS,'  I said to myself.  'Please help me out here.  I shopped three times
today and I'm really tired.   I'd appreciate it if you could just help me make
it through the rest of the evening.'

And so I completed yet one more Holiday Task.






but not without the help of the mormon tabernacle choir why i bet
mitt romney has them over to his house for a christmas party every year.

No comments: