Tuesday, January 17, 2012

the weather

I have lived in the Midwest for most of my life and
I know what Winter is - and folks this ain't it.

Today is January 17th - and instead of snow and ice
there is a hurricane - with gale force winds. : [

Now for someone who has lived in the Midwest for so
many years - and has never experienced a hurricane -
this is a new experience. You see the most we folks
here in the Midwest need to fear - as far as the wrath
of Mother Nature is concerned - is a Tornado.

As opposed to - let's say - you people out in California
who surely realize that some day soon Los Angeles is
going to slide right down into to the Ocean.

Well it happened in the movie 2012 - didn't it?

And I mean folks were in a fit about that I can tell
you. I mean they f*ing panicked.

Expcet for Woody Harrelson of course - who just stood
up on the mountain and said - Have at it.


But the bottom line here is - why are we having a
hurricane in Southern Indiana on January 17th - rather
than a snow/ice storm folks?

Is it Global Warming?

Or are we just having a 'mild' winter?

I don't know the answer to that.


But it really ticks me off that on the one day I need
to do something really important - something that could
impact the rest of my really cool life - and on a day that
I want to be everything that I can be - and what's more
look my best - I have a feeling that when I step out of
the car this afternoon Mother Nature is going to dump
right on me.

But I'll show Her - because I have an umbrella - and when I
go inside the first thing I will do is comb my short and not
that greatlooking white hair - and then with head held high -
I will walk in and look my Destiny right in the Face.








pretty good huh









: ]

No comments: