Wednesday, January 25, 2012

on the generation gap

Just an overnight trip for a 5 year old's family Birthday Party.

But it really set me back a little.

 My g-son had a list of items he wanted for his Birthday.

So now that I'm on a Restricted Budget : [ I chose the Bubbles
to give to him - only $ .99.  I can afford that I thought (now I
also got him a pair of really cool pj's and did a small Abstract
Painting that he will only Really appreciate when I am long
gone.)

So after supper we are finding Creative ways to Blow the bubbles:

~how many bubbles can we get from one blow on the wand

~how a bubble can feel like a kiss on the lips

~trying to eat a bubble when it lands on the table

~using the wand in a sweeping motion though the air

and finally

~the Black Hole - when a bubble lingers for a moment in the wand
then is sucked back in and is forever gone


Now the possibilites of this simple childhood activity inspired me to
break into a chorus of  'I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Pretty Bubbles
In The Air...'

I was sure my daughter & s-i-l would join in but much to my Amazement
they simply stated:


Never heard of that one.


Never heard of it - I ask incredulously?



Nope - they reply.



Never heard of it.









all of a sudden I started feeling a little old...

No comments: