Thursday, March 1, 2012

with my usual flair... :]

I keep forgetting that People who don't know what an
idiot I am might just take me Seriously.

So being more than a little Emotionally-Charged - after seeing:

The Descendants - for the second time

Best Picture

Best Director

Best Actor

Best Supporting Cast

Best Cinematography

etc.

I burst into the Lobby and approach the Ticket Counter where
three young unsuspecting - and unknowing - employees are
innocently chatting.

'By any chance is there a midnight showing next Thursday
for John Carter?' I ask.

'No ma'am,' the nice young guy replies.

And this is when the Other two nice young People discreetly
exit - when I hit them with:

'WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE YOU ANYWAY?

AT THE OTHER PLACE WE HAD MIDNIGHT SHOWINGS ALL THE TIME.'

'Well - it just isn't that kind of movie,' he says - all the
time slowly moving his hand to his side - probably planning
to dail 911 in his pocket - thinking that this old woman is
most likely NUTS.

Then I begin to realize what I have done - so I try to act calm
and make small talk.

'Do ya mean by that kind of movie - the last Indiana Jones or
Iron Man?'

'Yes ma'am.' He says - wishing he had never come to work tonight
- having to deal with the likes of me - and all.

Knowing it is too late to make amends - I mumble something and walk
briskly - out to my car - head held high - but feeling stupid and
foolish inside...

ONLY TO DISCOVER THAT I HAD LEFT MY PURSE BACK IN THE THEATER

Not to worry - I told myself - for hadn't I been the only person
watching that REALLY GREAT MOVIE?

Actually - I had enjoyed the Solitude of it all - and it Really made
me think that I had spent the last two hours -



In A Home Movie Theater.











as I passed through the lobby and went back out to my car for the second time - I flashed them all - a Big Smile - but they pretended not to see me.

: ]

7 comments:

nicrap said...

I am planning to watch it this weekend. And Hugo. FJ has mentioned it so often that i am intrigued.

sue hanes said...

So -FJ likes Hugo - does he.

I would have seen that one but it wasn't showing at the theater that I frequent.

But let me tell ya - nicrap - I may never watch that Artist movie -cause I'm plenty mad about a French movie winning over a Really good American movie.

Will those People never get it Right - nicrap?

sue hanes said...

They think that they can vote for just anyone they want. Don't they know how that must have made the Descendant People feel?

That is such a good movie - and all - But I'm Not Wrong - about that - at least.

nicrap said...

...well, as somebody who is neither American nor French, i think i can afford to sit on the fence this time. ;)

sue hanes said...

Sitting on the Fence can be Tricky - nicrap - depending - of course - on whether you are straddling it - or have both legs on one side.

nicrap said...

...lol! To listen to you one would think i am an egg.

sue hanes said...

nicrap - The one who uses Words - that the rest of us fear to use - is The Champion - for he has conquered The Greastest Fear Of All - and that is the fear of not being able to express one's self to the fullest.

Humptey Dumptey knew this - nicrap - but he allowed himself to fall off of the Wall - something You Will Never do.

I Know That.

and anyway - nicrap - even if someone pushes you off of the wall - the important thing is how quickly ya get back up there - For Good.

I Call It Rising Out Of The Ashes.