Thursday, March 8, 2012

THE DESCENDANTS

I have to say this - and then I hope to Let It Rest.

Last night I went to see The Descendants - for the Third Time.

And It's been working on me ever since.

I've told a couple of People - ya gotta see this.

But why - stidh - do I have to see this Movie?

I'm gonna tell ya that right now - Folks.
~~~

The Descendants is right up there with Saving Private Ryan
and The Pianist - as far as Socially Redeeming Movies go.

Because The Descendants is about the Inevitable.

It is about Death.

And Death is something that we all will experience -

Either Before We Die

Or When We Die

After That IT Really Doesn't Matter - Does it?



Now - here is what we all hope will be my Last Words about


The Descendants:

~The Director - Alexander Payne - must be a Very Special Person

~The Main Actor - George Clooney - nailed it

~The Boyfriend - Nick Krause - great job big guy

~Alexandra - Shailene Woodley - you did a stunningly beautiful job

~Scottie - Amara Miller - you flip 'em off with the best of 'em

and I don't want to take up any more room but there was no one in this
Amazing and Wonderful - and Certainly Important Movie THAT WAS NOT
JUST REALLY GREAT - including the cinematography - shots of Hawaii.

and ya just had to give the awards to a f-in French Movie - go figure

No comments: