Friday, March 16, 2012

Critique 0f Real Time With Bill Maher - Friday March 16th 2012

I Really have to come up with a new name - other than
Critique - for Real Time...

because it has just gotten so good - that there is only
good to say about it.

Tonight I'l just mention a few things about it that I liked:


The Real Time Moment

It was a Real treat to have George Carlin give his Really
Intelligent views on The Illusion of Choices in America.


The Opening Monologue

was GREAT. I was eating my diiner and didn't take notes -
but I may mention the jokes after a rerun. (The second time
around I was asleep. :] sorry)


First Interview

Alexandra Pelosi is so Real and she is GREAT.

I simply LOVED her inner city video - and it spoke to me in
a very different way than the Redneck video - which greatly
disturbed me. And it is because of what Bill said - not that
I didn't have my own opinion on this because I did - the two of
us JUST HAPPENED TO BE THINKING ON THE SAME PLANE - and that is
that the Blacks had more of a 'Real Legacy' than the Rednecks -
who are clinging to the loss of the Civil War - give me a break
here - and the Blacks - certainly had a legitimate complaint.
I thought the guy who said that getting out of jail limits
employment - had a good point. I've always thought that was
true.

Of course - it is obvious that it is because I am a Liberal - I
would naturally like the second video better - that's just a
fact of life - and of Politics - folks.

A good remark was made by Bill about his 'imaginary child's
college fund' - I liked that.

Furthermore - I'm going on record to say this - and I DON'T
CARE IF ANY OF YOU PEOPLE DON'T READ IT:

Those f*ing Rednecks scare me - because nobody calls the
President of the United States A HALFBREED. And those Black
guys - they were just being honest - like saying they would
rather have a welfare check than a job. And here's something
I've been meaning to say for a long time. Who is mean and who
is not? HOW MANY BLACK SERIAL KILLERS HAVE YA SEEN? HUH - FOLKS?
NOT MANY I'LL WAGER. I personally think that White Folks are MUCH
meaner that Black Folks - People. So what are ya gonna do about it
anyway. If you don't believe me - WATCH IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT.

Now at this point I am going to say this - but I'm not criticizing
Alexandra Pelosi - but rather this comment is just in fun:

I DO NOT BLOG IN MY UNDERWEAR NOR DO I EVER THINK OF OTHERS
BLOGGING IN THEIRS - BUT NOW I WILL PROBABLY THINK THEY ARE -
THANKS TO AP'S REMARK :]
~~~

I will say right now that everyone on the Show LOOKED SO NICE.
I LOVED the colors - on everyone.
~~~

Panel Discussion

~Dylan Ratigan - that the two Political Parties are 'racing each other
to the bottom' Good One

~something Bill said about that in American the two factions are miles
apart - DR disagreed with Bill and I disagree with DR - I think we are -
miles apart

~Bill said that the problem - perhaps - with the South voting God - is
simply that the Economic Staus in American has not changed

~Mick Cornett said that we need to keep our finger on the pulse of Iran - and that was emphasized last week in the interview with Michael Oren

~Good Gas Price discussion -

Amy Holmes brought out that this is a Global Economy and that people
now believe that the President is responsible for gas prices - but Bill disagreed - sayig that with Bush - it wasn't considered his fault

~DR made a good point that This Conversation Has Existed For So Long - and that no president has Really seized the oppurtunity to lead this Country
like he could - and should

~Bill suggested taxing BAD things instead of good things

Bill introduced the Plaque with the man having 'his head up his *ss -
then brought on the Segment which I love - The Stupidest State.

My vote went to Arizona for:

Jan Brewer - need I say more

Sheriff Joe - fake birth certificate

Doctors lying to women to prevent abortions

And my own thing: packing heat in bars

Oh - and the one about the guy in South Carolina eating cocaine that
had been up his brother's b*tt - that is too funny


Second Interview

Ed Helms was so great. He seems to have such a nice personality
and a twinkle in his eye.

Good discussion on The Lorax.

Good remark from Ed that he is really just making money off of his movies.

Also - his remarks about Civil War Reenactment was good - and how some
people talk about 'a nobler time' but we have always just been *ssholes.

I have thought something similar - when blogging friends have said that they wished we could go back to the time when things were so great in America - like the 50's - for example - but I always say - WERE THINGS GREAT FOR EVERYONE?

I LOVED Bill remarks about Afghanistan - WHY CAN'T WE JUST GET OUT?

Well - folks - we could - but we just don't.

The discussion on this went on - and DR talked about how it is not a
mission - if the Troops are going back just to make sure they get their
buddies 'back.' Good Point. And he said, 'Why are we staying for
ONE MORE SUMMER. I couldn't agree more with that.

Bill pointed out the high rate of suicide in Veterans.

Point was made about Vietnam - and how this War Thing has been going
on for a long time - and I say Will We Never Learn. Bob Dylan might
chime in on that too - like How Many Times Must A...

APOLOGIES: The Bubble - Mitt Romney says He Will Not Apologize
For America - and I say Hey Mitt - people apologize for their mistakes
all of the time - and Really aren't countries made up of people - PEOPLE?

~discussion about Goldman/Sachs and the corrupt banking system - good


New Rules & Ending Editorial

Both were So Great - I loved Bill dissertation directed toward the
college students - everything was so true - THIS WAS JUST TOO GOOD.

Among the New Rules I liked were:

~Having A Holiday Once A Year So That Southererns That So Wish Can Wave The Confederate Flag - and kiss me I'm yer sister - So Funny

~Stab Hunter - the *sshole is the one with the knife - Good One

~Mom and Dad Know Where Ya Hide Yer Weed - and the rest of it - Brilliant
~~~

Overtime

Discussion on questions submitted by the audience included:

~how rich people are more likely to lie than poor people - this is
probably true - and anyway - I have lived in the presence of lies for
too long now - and I can tell ya that it is not a good way to live -
I'm taking care of that

~money comes from Politicians

~exploring Morman issues: Mitt Romney is a high official in the Morman
church - Mick Cornett expresses the opinion that we can't prioritize
this issue in the upcoming elections - but I take exception to that comment because I find that magic underwear is just going TOO far - and I do not
want my President to wear magic underwear

~the question is raised as to whether a poor candidate has a good chance
of becoming President - as opposed to a rich one - here Bill states that
he thinks that No - the poor candidate is more likely to lose - But it
shouldn't be that way - now should it - folks - we can change that mindset -how - you might ask - why by getting out the Vote

~good discussion on what constitues a gay city - Bill raises the point that San Francisco is NOT a gay city but rather just has the reputation of being a gay city - then Ed Helms jokingly calls Bill on Why He Knows Which Cities Are Gay

Good Overtime - Folks
~~~

The Show Was - Once More - ABSOLUTELY GREAT.

Thanks to Bill/His Guests/the Staff/and the audience seems pretty sharp
too.

No comments: