Friday, February 3, 2012

my favorite parts of the Super Bowl

Definitely the HalfTime Show and The Commercials.

I am going to write something about Madonna tomorrow - but right
now I would like to say what my all Time Favortie Super Bowl Commercial is.

This commercial was shown maybe four or five years ago during the Super Bowl -
and I really only saw it once after that.

The reason that I liked this Super Bowl Commercial so much is that I am a bit
of a Women's Libber.  Not really into it - but I do feel that Women have often -
well they could be given more of a chance.  And I'll just leave it at that.

The Commercial went something like this:

The setting is a Newborn Nursery at a hospital.

The nurse walks in (if my memory serves me right) and finds a tiny pink hat on
the floor.

Now at this point I would like to say - in case there is anyone reading this who
doesn't know anything about babies and in fact has never even touched a baby -
that in hospitals they put tiny hats on babies after they are born to keep their head
warm - and sometimes the hats are pink or blue - to indicate whether the baby is
a boy or girl.

Getting back to the Content of the Commercial - the nurse picks the tiny pink
hat up and looks at it.

The next thing you know - little pink hats are flying up in the air from all of the
baskets of the little newborn girls - and these litte pink hats are all over the floor.


But here is the best part - at the very end a tiny little fist rises up in the air -
clenched - perhaps in defiance (?).










at this point folks in walks stidh and leads all these little babies in a chant -
with fists clenched and raised high:





Caesar !       Caesar !       Caesar !













sigh - does it really get any better than that?

: ]

No comments: