Monday, February 27, 2012

3 people who were there for me

What kind of a person would live someplace since last
November and NOT KNOW ONE SINGE SOLITARY PERSON IN THE
WHOLE F'IN TOWN?

A interently stupid person - folks.

So tonight when I felt the need to be around People - seeings
how I'm a Natural Born People Person - I went to the place
where People are:


The Mall


Now this isn't just any Mall folks - it's just the right size - like
the trees that Mitt Romney was raving about - and the lovely
tile floor there is always clean enough to eat off of.

As I walked along Desperately Trying Not To Lose It So That
No One Would See What A Lonely Loser I Am : ] - suddenly a
lovely petite young woman approached me and wanted to see my
hand.

Normally I would have said - in a nice way of course - Back Off -
Lady - Cancha see I'm in a Hurry?

But she was so nice and I needed that Contact that I Complied with
her Request.

Now she was so sweet - and looked like she might have been a
Native Parisian - or somethin' like that - and she said, "Don't
yell or scream when ya see what I've done to your thumbnail - as
she took a small brush and buffed my nail.

Ok. I said - feeling better already - as if I had stumbled on to
something.

After a few moments of the buffing - she said - Here it is.

And lo and behold my thumbnail was all glossy.

Howja do that - I asked incredulously?

'I just brought out the natural gloss in yer nail' - she replied.

Now I just knew that she was gonna sell me this stuff - but I only had
$5 - I told her.

After trying to get me to pay $70 - then 40 - for a nice package that
included the buffer/a big tube of body/hand lotion/cuticle remover -
she asked if I minded a package that was damaged.

Why not at all - I responded. Because she had sold me on the stuff.

I like my nails real short and never do anything about my cuticles,
They look crummy most of the time - that's just the way I am - and I
saw that her product would be good for me. Give me a muchneeded lift.

So we arranged it that I would take her name and come back as soon as
I could come up with the 24 BUCKs.
~~~

Next I spotted The Kitchen Store - a place I am always intrigued by -
seeings how I am a housewife.

And the Really nice young clerk showed me some new products - but soon
dumped me when I assured her I wouldn't be spending any money just now.
But I did find a great grilling skillet for $8 - looks like a regular skillet - but has big holes in it and you can do vegetables on the grill. I found her and told her I would be back for it ASAP. She liked that.
~~~

My final stop was at the teenage girls' favorite jewelry hangout:

Claire's

where my granddaughters always hit me up for something.

A Really nice young woman was so enthusiastic about her job - and
told me how if I came back on March 9th - I could get some Really
cool fun jewelry - which I explained that I would use to decorate
my Art Room for only one dollar.

And furthermore - and this is the best part - I asked her if there
was a dollar movie theater in town - which there isn't - but she
said that if I go to the theater down the road before 6 pm on weekdays -
it only costs $5.

I left in much better spirits than when I came - and promised her I
would be back on March 9th.

And then - folks - I went right to the theater and BOUGHT A TICKET
for tomorrow night - gonna see The Descendants.

I was gonna check out The Artist - see what all the fuss is about the
best picture - but it wasn't showing there.

And anyway - I'D MUCH RATHER SEE A GREAT AMERICAN ACTOR THAN A F'ING
FRENCHMAN - any day.

folks




One More Thing is that earlier today I was in Target and found three
movies that I just have to see:

Johnny Depp - The Rum Diary

Leonardo DiCaprio as J. Edgar Hoover

and

Tower Heist - which really looks good with all the Cool Actors
in it and I just can't afford that much so my daughter recommended
Red Box and that's what I'm gonna do.

2 comments:

nicrap said...

Why, this is perhaps the nicest post that ever came my way. Thanks!

sue hanes said...

nicrap - You are very welcome.

No Charge.