Monday, February 13, 2012

update from hospital central

Nobody thought that this 96 year old Woman could
go on this long - she is into the 7th Day of no
hydration - 10 days without nourishment.

They monitor her Very Carefully for signs of Discomfort -
and last night she slept all night.

Other Obsevations:


~I was not surprised - but Encouraged and Touched by the
Depth of Feeling - and Reluctance to let go - by the group
of 30's Grandchildren - of This Really Great Woman Who Had
So Strongly Impacted Their life

~The Cold Crisp Northeastern Air - Waning Moon In The Still
Dark Morning Sky - So Cold That You Californians Wouldn't
Last 5 Minutes - didn't bother me though - And Last Night My
Strong Young Nephew - a Veteran Of Afghanistan and Iraq -
although he didn't mind that I loaded him to the gills with
My Stuff - half the contents of The House right there in my
car - But He Lives In Nashville Now And He Remarked That -
'we aren't used to this.'

~The American Flag Is Flying Proudly Outside of the hospital -
but I reported to the lady at the desk that it needs replacing
since the ends are fraying. She said I'm going to check it out
and walked out there in the Stark Cold to see for herself.

~In Bloomington - largely due to the Health Food Consciousness
of the Large Liberal Campus - The Hospital had plently of Vegan
Choices for me - but here there was NOTHING - not even a drop of
Soy Milk to be found.

As luck would have it I had loaded up a cooler with everything I
need for a couple of days.


~Love Lives Here in this Solid Midwestern Small town - and it will Sustain
My Mother for her Last Hours - or days.

But here's the Bottom Line - Folks.

About two years ago when her ankles were swelling due to circulation
problems the doctor suggested that she lie on the couch and raise
her legs alternately to get the blood flowing.

And That's What She Did Day After Day - and when her aged body
should have shut down sooner - She Continues to Hold On -

BECAUSE SHE IS IN SUCH GOOD PHYSICAL SHAPE.

But she had a Stroke last Saturday night and she would NOT have
wanted to live in a wheelchair depending on Others - thus the
choice of removing the Aparatus.

So Here We Are - Folks - and We will remain for the Duration.


Luckily I have my laptop - up to 15 dvds -including:

IronMan 1&2
Ghosttown
Due Date
Evan Almighty

and others

Religulous
But I'm Not Wrong
and as a last resort - I'm Swiss.

Plenty of reading material

3 more things before the doctor makes his rounds:


~I found a 75% off Ch. Ornament with the Initial
F on it (my maiden name) for my Art Studio :]


~The sign that used to read:

Have a Good Day


No - here these folks are Really on top of things:

it says -

Have an EXCELLENT Day

oh - and the Prints here on the 2nd floor are Amazing -
one of the Abstracts Really caught my eye - I took several
detailed pictures of it with my digital camera...



~and finally - I jabbed my finger at the elevator
button repeatedly - and sure enough it opened back up to take
me to the second floor : )


see - ya always have to TRY - even if People say it
won't happen










and didja see Paul McCartney last night - people?










looking good I must say








and well the gift shop is now open

: ]


HAPPY VALENTINES DAY :[ ladies & gentlemen

a day early

No comments: