Sunday, February 26, 2012

out of my mind or stidh's best Oscar moments

To kick off my coverage for the 2012 Oscars - I would like to
list a few of my Favorite Moments from Past Oscars.

Certainly this is not all of them - but I was reading PARADE MAGAZINE
just now - a newspaper supplement which I try never to miss because
they often do Great Celebrity Cover Stories - and I like Other things
about it - and thought of a few of my Favorite Oscar Moments - and
I'd like to share them with You:


~my fave best picture - BEN-HUR


~I was so mad when Johnny Depp didn't get it for Finding Neverland
that I shut off the tv with the first syllable of the winner's name



~CRASH - folks



~any great Production Number



~TITANIC - good pick



~happy for Peter Jackson for LOTR trilogy which is SOOOOO GREAT



~CATHERINE ZETA-JONES really nailed it in Chicago



~Bill Maher presenting Outstanding Film Achievement in 2008



~GOOD WILL HUNTING both Ben Affleck & Matt Damon for Best Screenplay
and ESPECIALLY Robin Williams for best supporting actor


~really mad that Tom Hanks DID NOT WIN for SPR - give me a break here


~Russell Crowe shoulda gotten it for his SUPREME ACTING in portraying
the COURAGEOUS John Nash


~MARLON BRANDO


~and do I have to mention that ADRIAN BRODY WAS SO AMAZING in his role
as The Pianist and showed us the Truth About The Human Spirit - and the
will to live - in spite of such excruciatingly devestating hurtful personal
feelings that must have existed in his Heart


~THE GODFATHER 1 & 2 - ya got it right there people


~JACK NICHOLSON - nuff said


~AL PACINO


~HEAT - yes


~ROBERT DE NIRO


~and why wasn't bill maher recognized for d.c. cab?


Of course there are SO MANY OTHERS - everyone who won and didn't win
that make movies SO GREAT.


I heart movies.









it's as simple as that

No comments: