Thursday, February 9, 2012

three moments of funny

Last night as I lay awake  - at 2:30 in the morning - in a State of Limbo -

Waiting For Word That The Rug That Was Slowly Being Jerked Out
From Under Me And Bringing My Life To A Screeching Halt - With
My Most Cherished Childhood Memories Marching Before My Eyes
Like A Parade Slowly Fading Into The Distance...  (pretty good huh)

Had Indeed Become Final -

I turned once more to the One Person Who - For The Last Four Years -
Has Always Been There For Me - even though I have never met him:

Bill Maher


And to my amazement - There He Was.


On HBO - in the middle of the night - on Real Tiime With Bill Maher.


I watched Bill's really cool show - this time with Heaviness in my Heart - but
I couldn't help smiling weakly at the end when he donned the Blue Velvet Wizard's Hat
and Performed an Unbaptizing Ceremony on Mitt Romney's Dead Uncle (?).

It was Good. 

Both Written and Delivered PERFECTLY.

But this morning when I woke up two other Funny Moments in tv came to my mind -
and I thought to myself - which one of these three funny moments in tv would I choose
as the best?

And this is what I came up with:

3.   Bill's Unbaptizing Ceremony


2.  When Conan Caught Me By Surpirse - fresh from having being sucked in by
Oprah's really great parting shows - with his so hiliarious line that I virtually Screamed
In Laughter from the Sheer Truth and Comedic Joy of it:


 YOUR    HEART    WILL    CRAP    ITS    PANTS


1.  But - folks - for me the Reigning Champion and Forever In My Heart Ten Minutes

Or So Of  Sitting There In Sheer Awe And Amazement At What I Was Seeing:


Zach Galifianakis as Annie on SNL - singing - The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow





I'm Quite Sure It Doesn't Get Any Better Than That - Folks. 

Check it out on u-tube today - that is if you really want to.  : ]










and of course there are Others.

No comments: