Friday, February 3, 2012

MADONNA

First I'm gonna do a Biography of Madonna - the facts of which will be
taken from LIFE STORIES OF 100 FAMOUS WOMEN BY
Susan E. Edgar and Kathleen J. Edgar - VALUES IN ACTION (kidsbooks).

Following that I will give my own take on Madonna.
~~~

According to Susan Edgar and Kathleen Edgar - Madonna is one of the most
successful performers of the 20th century.

In seven years, from 1984 to 1991 - Madonna topped the music charts 21 times
and sold more than 70 million albums. Since then, she has turned her talents into
one of the most profitable businesses in the entertainmnet industry. 

Madonna has become one of the few women to achieve such a high level of
power and success in the male-dominated music industry.

(All of the above is copied verbatim from the book - but for obvious reasons
I'll try to just summarize the facts about Madonna's life.)



Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone was born on August 16, 1958, in Bay City, Michigan.




Well - I could go on and on - but all I want to say is that:



I was never really 'into' Madonna.



Then why do I feel so choked up trying to write about her?



I think it's because she:


~is a Woman


~stayed the Course


~has been True To Herself


~is an Acheiver



and she surely has 'Lived'


outside the box






Madonna - you go girl










and I'm pretty sure that the Super Bowl Halftime Show will not get any
better than this - ever.











Thanks - Madonna - for breaking ground for us girls.

No comments: