Saturday, February 18, 2012

Critique on Real Time With Bill Maher - February 17th

Due to extreme fatigue - both mental and physical - last
night I fell into bed after the Opening Monologue of Real
Time - but caught the rest of The Show just now this morning.

I am going to write about what I have seen thus far and
Update it throughout the Week - after seeing the Legion
of Reruns.
~~~

First and Most Importantly - I can only compare Bill Maher
to a Cameleon and this is what I mean by that:

A cameleon takes on the appearance of any surrouding it is in -
and Bill Maher can take any outfit and make it look good - or look
good in it - and in doing so come across as:

The Quinessential Handsome Man.

although he might consider pencilling in his eyebrows and
lying in one of those tanning machines like Dustin Hoffman in
Wag The Dog occasionally - surely he could afford one

Bill's grey/white plaid shirt was the highlight of tonight's
Dress (turned me on let me tell ya) and the knit tie was awesome.

Note to Bill: THE LOWER BUTTON ON YOUR SUIT JACKET WAS OPEN AND
IT LOOKED STUPID AND DISTRACTED ME -showing your belt buckle and
part of your shirt above that - tacky even - and not in keeping
with your overall natty welldressed appearence.



It did not escape me that the Male Guests were sporting White Shirts
as opposed to pale colors - and this is a Good Thing. Dressier Really.

LINT PROBLEM ON MEN'S SUITS: I wanted to say this when it was about Bill - I think the first show - but tonight SM had a couple of tiny pieces of lint on his left shoulder. What I suggest is that one of the crew - when
the camera is not on that person - run over and remove it - some of us
are distracted by that - and near the end I thought I saw a minute piece of lint on Bill's left lapel - not sure though.







Other remarks about tonight's show - and I will update this
critique as I watch reruns:

~the Opening Monologue continues to leave me unimpressed but as I
have said before I don't always get the jokes and sometimes
wonder if the audience is really as Sharp as they appear or is
B. Martin clueing them in as to when they should laugh and applaud?

~loved Bill's Scotch Plaid tie with the slightly wider look (MIRT)
but that is not my fave SPTie.

~I Really like it that the Thing at the start just focuses on the
Presidents

~the Moment in Real Time appealed to me because of Jimmy Carter - Yes

~Bill's hair was a bit flat for my taste tonight but I still like the Tom Hanks/DaVinci Code length on him

~Good reference to Bill's Gym so that we know he works out
plus he can check out the chicks there and set up something
for later :[

~Dr. Drew was handsomly neat and I liked his outfit - and
thought his glasses were the defining feature there and I wondered
if he was fresh out of a tanning machine.

~The reference that 5% of population uses 50% of painkillers is a
timely subject that should be continued until we get to the bottom
of it and the matter is Straightened Out To My Satisfaction

~Alexandra Wentworth was Hot - she is attractive/liked the hot pink
blouse/simple jewelry and I prefer silver look to bling/her hair very
nice casual shoulder length/and she is an attribute to the show with
great throw-in remarks and she is a good storyteller

~Panel with hands folded in front of them throughout the Show reminiscent
of something - grade school I think. I like it (next they will have
to raise their hand to leave and get a drink of water ha ha)

~Bill: We Don't Need Cheers Because We Have Facts - Good

~RS/sweater vest joke - good

~The three part joke was Excellent but perhaps B*ttcheeks would have been
less crude than *sscheeks - but hey yer on HBO.

~MR moves like Mick Jaegger (sp) - good

~Wisconson f*ck cheese tour - good

~white/white something can'te read my writing - good

~The above are from the Opening Monologue which I understood more if today.

~Loved the Voter Turnout/Saturday Discussion as I think this year - and as it always should be - The Vote Will Be So Important - and about employers
letting people off work for that - this was addressed in the movie Bobby.

~Medical Marajuanna (sorry I'm in a hurry sp) good point - Pres. Obama
is 'busy' and hasn't given it a lot of attention - I'm beginning to think
this is going to be a done deal before too long - Other issues have taken
a back seat too due to Jobs/Economy/Afganistan.

~Really Gay Marriage Issues are getting ho hum - get with it folks it's over.

~Bill - Good point - and Really when aren't your point good - about being
from New Jersey and stuff like Evolution when you bring it up these people who think they 'are in charge' want to dismiss others' views - I run in to that frequently - but am Really Speaking Out About My Truth as opposed to
'their Truth.'

~I may mention New Rules as I had a phone call tonight. RT is coming on again in 15 minutes.

~About pencilling in Bill's eyebrows - just kidding why mess with a Masterpiece - if ya get my drift

~The Woman in Classic Blue Sheath (will fill in her name later) - very attractivly beautiful. Erin McPike - Pretty Woman - Good comments and
nice exchange with Stephen Moore - both talking at once and each holding
their own. I like to do that with my daughters to see who will give in first and they are now on to it.

~Eliot Spitzer - I apologize for being judgemental about you and really
you seem like a nice guy and smart too

~Tonight's Show had a casual converstation feel to it that I loved

~Vaginal Probe Discussion great

~My Pick for BEST REMARK OF EVENING - about group of White Men in Washington deciding things - let's run those People out of town on a Rail -
haven't they done enough harm already to Our Really Great Country?

~Stephen Moore - I pronounce your Wonderful Tie the Overall Winner of the
Clothing Item I Liked Best On Tonight's Show. Furthermore you were
Wellspoken and Appropriately Aggressive.

~New Rules - Can't read my notes will update this later

Last New Rule and closing monologue about Dissing Pres. Obama to His Face
was EXCELLENTLY WRITTEN AND PERFECTLY DELIVERED

Lines about 'We never called other Presidents this to their face'
things about George W. Bush - 'apesh*t in His Presence'
Good dig about 'what's different about Pres. Obama'(Bill)Spanking
joke - Colored Egg/Testicle joke - and Others made this Closing
Monologue A REALLY GOOD ONE.

New Rules:

1. SALAPANDER - good

2. FEEL TIME - not a bad idea

3. BRIM JOB - liked the hat

4. NON JEREMY - moo goo guy slam - yes

5. HAIR OF THE DOG - cute

6. already commented on this


Thanks Bill/Writing Staff/rest of crew For Another Over The Top

Really Great Real Good Time.
~~~

This Critique will be updated and edited later.

Thanks.
bl/i/lv/u/so/mch/su

Real Time With Bill Maher is Directed by Paul G. Casey.

No comments: