Friday, February 10, 2012

do not go gentle into that good nightI

It is said that Dylan Thomas wrote this for His Father - but I'm gonna post
it tonight for My Mother - and what's he gonna do about it anyway.


do not go gentle into that good night
old age should burn and rave at the close of day
rage rage against the dying of the light

though wise men at their end know dark is right
because their words had forked no lightning they
do not go gentle into that good night

good men the last wave by crying how bright
their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay
rage rage against the dying of the light

wild men who caught and sang the sun in its flight
and learn too late they grieved it on its way
do not go gently into that good night

grave men near death who see with blinding sight
blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay
rage rage against the dying of the light

and you my father there on the sad height
curse bless me now with your fierce tears I pray

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night

Rage, Rage Against The Dying Of The Light.

5 comments:

Bumhead said...

That was cool, Sue!

heh, heh, heh, heh....

sue hanes said...

Bumhead - Thanks for your Comment.

I checked out your Blog and was very impressed.

Would ya mind if I added you to my Links?

Bumhead said...

Only if you like Legionaires...


...heh, heh, heh, heh.

sue hanes said...

Bumhead - Do you know what it meant to me just now when I saw that someone made a comment?

I almost started crying.

This is a very hard time for me - Bumhead - you might say a Crossroads of my Life.

And I will never forget - Bumhead -that you were f*ing there for me.

The Absolute Marxist said...

Sue,

I've been blogging for a LONG time. In all the years I've learned one thing. People who blog ALL have valuable ideas to contribute and who want to be taken seriously. They mistake the lack of attention that their usually excellent blogs receive as a sign that what they are blogging about isn't taken seriously. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I blog for ME, stidh. I don't blog for other people and a desire to be noticed (at least not ALL the time). I do desire and like it when others take my ideas seriously, but if they don't, I rack it up to THEIR loss, not MY fault. Not every idea is topical or timely on the day I post it, and I'm not always successful in expressing it adequately. But eventually, it will be, again and again and AGAIN. And that's when I return to it on my old blog(s), dig up the post, and tweak a new one to suit contemporary events.

And there are a LOT of naysayers and demonizers out there who will point and make fun of you. Don't let them get you down. They only do it so as to appear to others to be "seriouser" and "someone to be taken seriously". They're merely simple fools like the REST of us, but "simpler" in the sense that they're only fooling themselves when they demonize OUR ideas and thoughts by trying to pretend that ours are NOT worthy of consideration, and their vain attempts to demonize us so as to divert others into taking THEIR ideas more "seriously". They're jealous of the attention we're receiving THAT's all. They ALL want the eyeballs that are on us.

But eyeballs are not a valid measure of the "seriousness" or importance of an idea. It's the "good" eyeballs that your after. And yours are one pair of the "good" ones. And I thank you for them.