Friday, February 3, 2012

Comments on Real Time - February 3rd

My Take On Tonight's Show:

~Absolutely Great

~Civilized

~A Kinder Gentler Real Time

~A Little More Laid Back

But Certainly Just As Great


The Best And Most Interesting Part of Tonight's Show:

Bill's Ending Monologue.

Because it had a Genius to it that showed that a Comedian can have
a top notch show basically about Political Discussion yet end it with
an Over the Top Really Funny and Brilliantly Written Sketch.

This was one not to miss.


A Couple of Really Great Discussions or Comments were:

Wes Moore - When he said - Education Is The Core Of What We Are
and Wes' last remark that We Are Not Living Up To Our Ideals

Bill - Remarks about Facebook  and people wasting Time - yes

Bill/Suze/Rick - Parents/Teachers/Kids Discussion


This Week's Guests:

I want to say that this week I was glad that I did some checking up on
the guests beforehand - notably Mike Daisey and Wes Moore.

I listened to Mike's Monologue about Corporations - and it is so good -
not so much for the Content but that Mike is an Amazing Monologuist.

And I already bought Wes Moore's Book The Other Wes Moore - so the
appearance of both of them was made better for me since I had done this.

I had already known about Suze Orman - having seen her on tv.

Rick Lazio - no comment on his past notoriety - but he was very good tonight.

I always like to seeing contributing editors from RS - especially Matt Taibbi -
and Michael Hastings was no exception.  I found this Segment when he was
on tonight to be Great.

Overall the Guests were Outstanding in every way.


Dress:

Bill was Stunningly handsome tonight - but what else is new.

Suze looked so sharp - I Really liked her Hair - her reptile-looking jacket
with Black dress w/glittery look underneath - and even though I am not
a jewerly person I loved her use of Bling. (picked that up from Religulous)

Wes looked so Sharp and I LOVED his shirt w/ just the right jacket.
(Also his remark relating to Pres. Obama - about that we can do anything.)

Rick Lazio to me looked like Sean Penn - especially his hair and casual look - and
that ain't bad folks.  I love Sean Penn's casual messed up hair look.  : ]

I almost forgot -  Bill's hair was perfect tonight - just the right amount of
grey showing that he is in fact Starting to age - thankfully - but one wonders
if when he is my age if his hair will be completely white.  : ] -  when he comes  -
to visit me in a NH.

And the Wizard's hat was becoming - certainly
better than that stupid white chunky hat in Religulous.

Gingrich Endorsements - Good.

Bubble Thing with Mitch Daniels - ???

The Set - I noticed more tonight - The Really Cool Blue Reflective Glass in the
middle of the Table.  I've always liked the mugs.

Also - Michael Hastings looked very nice in the blue and white pinstriped shirt and
dark jacket.

New Rules:

~the NG third lady joke was good!

~ The Singing Competition - President Obama is SOOOO Good in that one.

~Elevator Button - I always push it a number of times.  : ]

I could relate to the pineapple on pizza - which sounds awful to me but
ponytails on men - The Founding Fathers used to wear them - but I wouldn't
go there if  I were you - bill.


I forgot to say that I absolutely LOVED Mike Daisey's dominoes
shirt - I'm a huge fan of that (dominoes) and also the color (of the shirt.)

~The Discussion about Apple Computers was educational for me.

~Also joke about Mike D. in China and standing out - and the discussion in
general about China.

~I didn't really connect with the Monologue - the audience seemed to get the jokes
better than me - but I tend to be slow.  : ]


OVERALL:

***** OUT OF *****

I wanted to say that when Religion comes up in Real Time - although it doesn't
Really fit the Political Overview of this show - it fits in that it is Bill's show
and a large part of what he is.

Know what I mean?



My vote for s*xiest Man goes to Rick (shirt unbuttoned Two down)
runnerup tie Wes/Mike H. - then Mike D.

consolation prize goes to bill : ] but still the most handsome $ my personal
fave well he does know a sh*tload of celebrities folks - and I'd like to meet
them all.  Not Woody Harrelson though - he scares me - and anyway I'm
afraid to think what would happen if the two of us nutjobs were in the
same room. : ]












and Gary Shandling.

No comments: