Friday, February 3, 2012

i'm on a roll

Once I get goin' there's hardly any stoppin' me.

I'm gonna try to post these three football poems
and one football song and still get the dishes done
before Real Time With Bill Maher starts at 10 pm ET.

: ]
~~~

This Is The Football Season  by  Francis Duggan

This is the football season it is that time of year
When men in the pub talk football as they enjoy their beer
And look forward to September when one club will fly the winner's flag
The team that wins the Premiership gives their fans the right to brag.


I'm A Fan  by  Colin Coplin

It's football season again
I hope my team does well this year
Football season again
I'm a fan.


Football  by  Udiah

Like medieval knights
Armor clad, in fields battle
To reap victory
~~~

Football Crazy  by  Rolf Harris

I have a favorite brother
And his Christian name is Paul
He's lately joined a footbball club
For he's mad about football.
He's got two black eyes already
And teeth lost from his gob
Since Paul became a member
Of that terrible football club.

(chorus)
For he's football crazy
He's football mad
The football it has taken away
The little bit o'sense he had.
And it would take a dozen servants
To wash his clothes and scrub,
Since Paul became a member
Of that terrible football club.

In the middle of the field one afternoon
The captain says, 'Now Paul,
Would you kindly take this penalty-kick,
Since you're mad about football?
So he took forty paces backward
Shot off from the mark
The ball went sailing over the wall
And landed in New York.

2 comments:

The Absolute Marxist said...

I prefer ham and cheese on a roll.

sue hanes said...

Here's the Plan - Abso.

While the 'hubby' is engrossed in a stupid colege b-ball game - I'm gonna have asparagus and mushrooms fried to my delight in my FryDaddy.

pretty smart huh?


i ain't no dummy


Wish ya could be here - Abso.

Say are you in a Relationship?