Saturday, February 4, 2012

and now - an evening of Poetry

To calm my Sports-Shattered Nerves - Dear Readers and Commenters -
I am going to Post Poetry for the Entire Evening.

Starting off with a selection from my Favorite Black Poet -

Nikki Giovannni.

this poem is dedicated to buck

on the road to damascus
to slay the christians
saul saw the light
and was blinded by that light
and looked into the Darkness
and embraced that Darkness
and saul arose form the great white way
saying 'I am Paul
who would slay you
but I saw the Darkness
and I am that Darkness'
then he raised his voice
singing red black and green songs
saying 'I am the lion
in daniel's den
I am the lion thrown to slaughter'

do not fear the lion
for he is us
and we are all
in daniel's den


and buck - just consider that all of the poetry tonight
is for you

No comments: