Sunday, October 9, 2011

a word of thanks upon arriving home

~ to Mother Nature for the absolutely beautiful weather we experienced
      in the last few days - nothin' but blue skies...

~ to the Master Artist for the spectacular fall colors along I-74 - nice touch

~ to Delta Airlines for the on time and turbulence-free flights

~ to Hertz Rent-a-Car for a luxurious, smooth ride although I still regret my
     restraint in not jumping over the counter and not choking the New Yorker
     lady-with-an-attitude who remarked that I seemed confused well really that
     was after two flights and a layover in between


~ to TSA for the non-offensive patdown

~ to the kind, thoughtful lady seated next to me who overheard me telling the flight
     attendant about the funeral and who although she didn't have to she offered her
     condolences to me and my family - and prayers

~~~
~ and finally my sincere and humble apology to God when after I hit my head on the
     car door (it hurt) after which I said unkind things to Him as I drove away while all the time
     knowing that it was not His fault since as Forrest Gump observed:  sh*t happens

No comments: