Saturday, October 29, 2011

the arrival

After an unexpected meltdown as I walked out the door for the last time
I was fine for the rest of the trip.

It was not my fault that I was 25 minutes late for the closing.  This
town is impossible to get around in - with on street parking everywhere
and tons of one way streets - always going in the wrong direction.
~~~

Arriving for the impending move could not have come at a worse time for me:

homecoming on a college campus

Cars everywhere.  I don't think I have ever stood and looked in every direction and saw just cars.  

And college studends.  Walking all over the place as if they lived here - and owned the town.

Wait a minute - they do live here and pay big bucks for that.

But we'll get along if they stay on campus and I stay off.

~~~

Dinner at T.G.I Fridays could have gone badly since as I approached the restaurant I could see that the entrance was heavily decorated with green stuff representing spider webs - and there was a healtlhy assortment of fake spiders in the webs - one was particularly big and hairy.

But since they were only at the front it was not a problem.
~~~

After supper we went to the house & after I pulled in the driveway I sat for a few minutes to stare at the unfamiliar house that I would come to know and I'm sure love.
~~~

The only other thing of note happened when I had to make three trips to the car with the hotel cart to bring my stuff in.  But I told myself that after all this is a permanent move and not a weekend getaway.
~~~

After the smaller load on the second trip spilled over on the hotel parking lot with my cd's all over the place I was ok.  The good laugh I got out of it relieved the tension I felt from moving out of the comfort zone that took me 24 years to establish.
~~~

It will be ok I told myself.  I've only been here 4 hours.
~~~

After a good night's sleep I'll deal with it. 
~~~

2 comments:

The Absolute Marxist said...

Everything always looks better in the morning. ;)

sue hanes said...

Absolute - yes.


Lately I've wondered if when hear meaningingful lyrics if I am thinking of someone or the opposite.