Sunday, October 23, 2011

my faith journey - #5

I'm turning over a new leaf.

From now on I'm taking full responsibility for my actions.

No more blaming God for all the times that I have made the
wrong choices.

~~~

Sure President Obama takes a lot of heat.  His ears must be
ringing everyday with all the harsh words and negative comments
that come his way.  It's gotta be hard to be the President of these
United States.

~~~

But then I think - wouldn't it be even harder to be God?

In charge of the entire Universe.

Talk about taking a lot of heat.

Sure - many folks praise and worship Him on a daily basis.

But for twenty-four years I have been God's worst nightmare.

Giving Him little thanks for the wonderful things He has done
in my life - yet constantly griping when things don't go my way.

~~~

So starting right now I'm on a mission.

It's called 'Give God the Glory.'

Or as my 96 year old mother says about the weather:


'We take what we get and like it.'

~~~

So from the new me:

thanks God - for everything.

3 comments:

Mizz. Anonymous said...

I wouldn't go as far as you would to thank God for Barack Obama.

sue hanes said...

Hey Mizz Anon - Thanks for stopping by on this beautiful Sunday morning.

Your comments are welcome here anytime. :-)

sue hanes said...

MA - I just read your great post on BO/HC and wrote a comment - but your blog wouldn't take it.

You need to fix that so people can comment on your blog. :-)