Wednesday, October 26, 2011

now something more mellow

A classic tune from The Man himself.

Ya gotta love ole Blue Eyes.


And dedicated to Legion.

~~~

And now the end is near - well i think I have a few productive years left
And so I face the final curtain,
My friends I'll say it clear
I'll state my case of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life that's full - half full anyway
I've travelled each and every highway, - not quite
And more much more than this
I did it my way.

Regrets? I've had a few
But then again too few to mention,
I did what I had to do
and saw it through without exemption.

I planned each chartered course- with Your help
Each careful step along the byway,
And more much more than this
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew,
When I bit off more than I could chew, - yes
But through it all when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out. -or sometimes choked on it
I faced it all and I stood tall - I just wish I would stand up straighter
And did it my way.

I've loved, I've laughed and cried, -  more so now
I've had my fill - my share of losing, - no
But now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing. - mostly about myself

To think I did all that,
And may I say, not in a shy way - : )
Oh no.  Oh no, not me.
I did it my way.

For what is a man?  What has he got?
If not himself - Then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way.

Yes, it was My Way.

3 comments:

The Absolute Marxist said...

Oy vey. ;)

The Absolute Marxist said...

Don't quit your day job.

Ooooops. Isn't that what retirement's all about?

sue hanes said...

abso - Hi.


I'm a housewife - I can't quit my day job.

There's an old saying:

'A man works from sun to sun

A woman's work is never done'


Ain't that the truth.

~~~

This past week I've been working overtime and in overdrive.