Friday, October 21, 2011

music as a tool

During this time of  packing up I have found that music can do its
part.

~~~

Bob Dylan - I avoid my favorite prophet since Blowin' in the Wind
tends put me in my Joan of Arc mode.  And Masters of War -
I'm not even gonna go there.

Ludwig von Beethoven - The Fifth Symphony - particularly the second
movement -Andante con moto works to get the stuff in the boxes.

Justin Moore - Helps me get started in the morning - and I find the same to
be true on a road trip.

Piano music - Has a calming effect on me. I really prefer Vladimir Horowitz
at the keyboard. Horowitz can pound the crap out of the piano and then play
the most expressive music without taking a break.  But he can't play the Rach 3
like the Russian - Eugene Kissin - cool and perfect.

Preservation Jazz Band - Is too mellow for packing so I use it just before supper
when I have a mixed drink of raspberry lemonade and Perrier water.

13 comments:

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Careful if in marching happily to the beat of the drums you find yourself closer to an impending battle. ;)

sue hanes said...

And you -Fj- be very careful if you should find - in this battle you mention - me on the opposing side.

Because I'm on a mission and I'm taking no prisoners.

~~~

Today President Obama has given those of us who have been supporting him hope that we are going to take action and move in the right direction.

And we are going to be right behind him - in respect and admiration - and especially support - by way of our vote next November.

Thersites said...

That's what I like, a confident opponent! The bigger they are, the harder they fall. ;)

sue hanes said...

Thersites - I agree with you although we may differ on who is big and who is falling.

sue hanes said...

You see - if you fall then you can get back up and have somehwere to go.

If you win it's over.

Thersites said...

...If you win, you just have to start looking for another fight. ;)

sue hanes said...

Ther - I don't go around looking for fights - but they always seem to find me.


I just want everything to be ok - for everyone.

The Absolute Marxist said...

A noble sentiment. Me too.

The Absolute Marxist said...

...but I do go looking for fights.

For I believe in tit-for-tat.

sue hanes said...

Abso - is that the same as an eye for an eye?

sue hanes said...

AM - 'a noble sentiment'


I personlly consider myself Noble -and I am Sentimental when I choose to be.

But as my Heart is always Noble -
I can turn Sentiment on and off at will.

The Absolute Marxist said...

is that the same as an eye for an eye? Not exactly. It's more of a nose for an eye. But it's the same idea.

sue hanes said...

Abso - Well, ok.

I don't completely get it but sometimes I don't get things but later I do.