Sunday, October 9, 2011

my faith journey - #3

I like Justin Moore's cd - Outlaws Like Me.  In it he sings 'If Heaven wasn't so far away...'

Well, I can tell you that for me Heaven gets closer all the time.

~~~

Now that I'm on the other side of sixty, and with every loved one I lose - whether it be
friend or family, or even someone I've never met but have admired and respected from
afar and that person has impacted my life in some way - in my mind I think of them in
Heaven.

Believing there is a Heaven makes life more bearable - like they are waiting for me to
arrive - and I like to think that Heaven will start when we all get there.

~~~

For as many people as there are that believe in Heaven there are probably just as many
different opinions of what Heaven is like.

And that's ok.

I know what I want Heaven to be like and that's what counts.

~~~

Because I believe in doubting as a healthy thing, I allow my self to doubt - at one time
or another - everyone and everything.  And Heaven is no exception.

But doubting for me means either giving up on someone or something - or coming back
to that person or thing with a stronger feeling.

~~~

And I always come back to Heaven - as where I want to end up.

On my own terms, of course.  :-)

~~~

So I say to God:

Thank you, God, for giving us the hope of Heaven.

No comments: